1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla roadster 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 18, 2017.

1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

All the law in germany requires is the snowflake symbol and M+S stamped on the sidewall, yes I've looked it up and talked to others who live in Germany. for $7,500 it sounds like your buddy was given a price directly from Tesla for new OEM 21" wheels and tires. Plenty of 19" factory take offs for sale in europe and snow tires to slap on, Tesla has a huge following in the netherlands and I think they see more snow than bravaria.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Trunxgp1224

They have the model X which would be considered a crossover that can see 5,6, or 7 adults depending on which seating arrangement you have built in from a 2+3, 2+2+2, or 2+2+3 set up.

75-100kWh of batteries that weight 1200-1400lbs

eco Depends on your idea of eco friendly, yes you have to mine the elements and Tesla batteries use a Cobalt heavy chemestry, others use a maganese or something. Overall they are much cleaner for the life cycle 1000x more so if you're charging from green sources like wind or nuclear

The oldest ones are 5 years and still run great, they do seem to have quality issues with body panels but I call that shitty QC and not the fault of the car or it's design. I've heard of motors and batteries failing but Tesla always seems to go above and beyond with warranty issues. plenty of cars in the 100K range, for cars only 5 years old max. I think the high tech stuff like retracing door handles will eventually become an issue like any high end car and their fancy shit

4. Trunxgp1224

As big of a Tesla car fan that I am, they've fucked the launch of the model 3 up to just horrible standards. They were supposed to be pumping out 2500/wk by now and 5,000/wk in december. They have about 500K preorders and they've made less than a 1,000 since they started production in July. If they pull it off no one will care in 5 years, if they don't pull it off, well they're screwed into foreclosure.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

$30k for a subcompact chevy is still twice as much as it should cost.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

That's a funny anecdote, and quite possibly true (especially with the automatic), but how can you judge if you haven't driven it? The Civic is the EX250 of cars... Racing a civic is more fun than commuting in a corvette.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Trunxgp1224

Once you plug in the truck you can walk away and do whatever you want. I would call the act of plugging and unplugging work but its no different than having the truck running while you sleep. Is the truck really being operated if your idling for HVAC?

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

And that's the limit of the Civic's performance...on par with a commuting 'Vette. :D

9. Trunxgp1224

From what I understand Tesla paid off all of it's government loans years ago. So they may have had help in the beginning but they're burning their own money now.

Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, Chevy Volt, Ford Focus-e, Hyanudai Ioniq, VW e-golf.

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Your truck should have an APU.

11. Trunxgp1224

They still have $7,500 tax credits if you qualify for it. that brings the price of the bolt down to 30K and the 2018 leaf down to 23K

12. Trunxgp1224

Plenty of trucks don't have APUs but it doesn't change the fact that once you plug in you can walk away forever and it shouldn't be considered on duty time. What happens when you get to the yard, plug in and go home? Are they still going to consider that on duty, thats retarded in the highest.

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am not sure that the DOT would see this the same way you and Musk are looking at it. It might fly but I think I would need clarification before I tried it.

dtalbott likes this.
  14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you sure about that? cause i would think it brings your pre-tax income down $7500 meaning if you made $100k, its now like you made $92,500... which then means you're saving like $2500 actual dollars. they're not giving you a $7500 discount on the car unless i'm missing something here. am i missing something? its just a straight credit? not a deduction?

15. Trunxgp1224

If starter battery dies on a truck and someone plugs it into a charger and walks away is that considered on duty time? It is no different you aren't working. When fueling diesel you are actively sitting there watching the nozzle and pump, you can't walk away, you're working.

16. Trunxgp1224

Kind of, if you make 100K and owe 30K in taxes you can claim all of the credit and you will now owe 22.5K in taxes. If you owe 30K in taxes then have this credit and that credit and your bottom line tax liability is 5K you can only claim 5K of the electric vehicle tax credit. The credit is only applied toward your liability and you can't get back more than you paid in/owe

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

gotcha. makes sense, but that's still awesome. i always just figured it was a pre-tax deduction, that's pretty substantial if you were in the market anyways. go out and buy a new motorbike afterwards haha... make up for the loss of exhilaration and emissions reductions.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who is talking about racing versus commuting? I'd love to go race anything, it'd be fun. Driving to dinner however, no interest depending on the car. And driving to dinner in a Vette is always better than in a Civic. I also don't need to drive it to know how boring it is, I got that from riding home the day she bought it. Her A4 - fun, the Q5 even was fun. The Z28 and 5.0 Mustangs - fun. The CTS was meh but okay with a 6 speed, the CTSV on the other hand holy crap fun. The Civic? I'd rather drive the Tahoe. It's comfortable and has a real engine.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Slight difference in the amount of time. If it took hours to fuel with diesel it'd be a better analogy.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am not arguing. Like I said, it might fly. But DOT rules do not always go the direction you think they would and I would get clarification before I tried it. They may consider it the same as fueling.