1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB... EX250 parts

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Thistle, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Want to buy for my sons first track bike.

Any parts for first gen (2007) EX250. Looking for parts such as: rear-sets, race exhaust, stainless brake lines etc (the usual upgrade goodies). Please PM me or post listing of available parts. Thanks all!

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Do you already have 17" wheel conversion?

3. Thistle

No sir. Pretty much bone stock at the moment.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised more 250 gurus haven't chimed in yet, but it's been a rough week for that group :(

I don't know what your boy's riding experience is, but I'm not sure the tire options in 16" allow for ground clearance issues on the stock rearsets. The aftermarket rearsets probably crash better, but stock EX250 rearsets (especially first gen) are a dime a dozen.

Aftermarket exhaust will be lighter, but I don't think it's worth the money for a rider who is already going to be lighter than 90% of the riders on the track. Get the engine tuned well, and call it a day.

Resist the urge to make a 250 more expensive! /$.02

Thistle likes this.
  5. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

I can make you a SMOKING DEAL on a set of sharkskinz we've had in stock for way to long. 40% off... and will make make a sweet deal on a new paint job on them too if you want.

Thistle and rk97 like this.
  6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

88-07 is actually 3rd Gen EX250

Thistle likes this.
  7. Thistle

Thank you for your advice and counsel - very much appreciated. It has been a rough week for you guys and I feel for you all deeply.

My son did a couple of Trackdays last season and did experience clearance issues with the stock pegs. Apart from stiffening up the front end we haven’t done much to it.

I wholeheartedly agree with not dropping cash into it... the point of the bike was so that he could learn some track craft without breaking the bank. Thanks a lot mate!

8. Thistle

Will send you a pm first thing tomorrow. Working off my phone right now... but yes, I am interested. Thanks!

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear that the stock rearsets are that low. I still think the 17" wheel conversion might be the first place to spend money. That raises the bike half an inch, and gets you into much better tire options.

Thistle likes this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Not to be a downer, but 08up 250’s are cheap! And a significant enough upgrade to justify it.

Thistle likes this.
  11. Thistle

you’re right. We’re beginning to have second thoughts about this effort. Thinking one more trackday season on the little EX as is, then upgrading.