1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx6r Rear wheel spacer inner taper?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by badmoon692008, Nov 27, 2017.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

So my buddy just dropped off a pair of spacers for me to replicate for him off his zx6. I can’t figure out why the sprocket side spacer has this inner taper on it. It won’t be that hard to make this way, just curious why it would be tapered like this. Anyone have any ideas? Or is this not a stock spacer maybe?

Attached Files:

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

There is an inner spacer that slides into the carrier hub that falls out on you 50% of the time you pull the carrier off. You can see what I mean on a micro parts fische

3. badmoon692008

I’m very familiar with that piece falling out on my gsxr...lol but my spacer is a constant I’d. so that inner spacer fits into the larger id of the spacer is what I’m gathering?

4. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

the only reason it is there has to be for weight savings, it serves no other purpose.

tawzx12r likes this.
  5. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

doesn't maybe ensure the spacer doesn't touch a bearing seal and push it in? just spitballin'...

6. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

weight saving is all... please send a set of captive spacers my way...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. badmoon692008

Who said anything about captive spacers?...lol

I didn’t want to pose the question that way so I didn’t step on anyone’s toes or advertise in the wrong section, but that’s what I’m doing...
    Will let you know when they’re ready... I’m running 20 sets to start, my buddy only gave me his rear spacers and we’re sending a run to get anodized tonight so fronts will be a while. Have complete sets for gsxrs too.