1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad news

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Best normal hotel is in Lavonia, if you or anyone needs a place to crash I have a fully finished basement with a bedroom. Once we get date settled I’ll check with my country club to see if they will let me use one of the guest houses.

Dits likes this.
  2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Totally gutted, cant even speak about it.

Saw him at the Barber Vintage Festival. I bought a bike there, and had made NO hauling arraignments.....IN A HURRICANE, borrowed wood plank ramp, loading into someone elses van.... I'm looking for an extra set of hands.....who's there? Kurt.....dam right. Outta nowhere....like a Caped Crusader....Kurt frikkin Kesler....I was relieved....After that big old grin and a bro-hug (that I actually meant) ......I stopped freakin out. Everything was gonna be ok.

I saw him recently at V1 guy John Cooks wedding, Kurt was the DJ.....totally out of the racing / paddock element.....same dude.

RIP Kurt. Condolences to his family.

This is such an F'd up deal.....shit like this just makes me question everything.

scottn, pscook, Killswitch and 3 others like this.
  3. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Kurt was my friend and fellow 51 year old 250 racer. I liked him from day one. Feeling both stunned and saddened by this news. Never a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday, I believe I will care for it considerably less from now on.

4. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Not one for posting much anymore......gutted.......Travis hit it spot on, I was there pitted with him at the GNF, actually pitted with him at all my WERA races this year along with Buras, first one to the track and would hold us our spots....I see the posts of people mentioning Kurt at their first track days, he was our lead novice instructor at our events, I don't think there was a better guy in the world to meet at the track let alone your first time riding a track!

Can't count the times that Deidre, Olivia and Conrad were at the track with him, he was a Great Dad and a man among men!

The Team Yo! flag needs to be flown proudly at all WERA events in memory of a awesome friend and racer!

I am proud that I could call Kurt my friend, he will be dearly missed and this world is a less better place without him......

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kurt, me, Eberhart, and Walker. FB_IMG_1511704751467.jpg

TurboBlew, BigBird, scottn and 13 others like this.
  6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

He was the 250 godfather. I’m going to talk to D to make sure it never leaves the Yo family and it will be on track again. I promise that.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I only know Kurt from here. What Travis wrote is amazing and easy to see what a great guy he was.

RIP amazingly helpful racer.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't read all the posts yet and haven't been online since we heard Friday morning. Gutted doesn't come close to describing this one. I may type out more later, I may not be able to. Describing what Kurt meant to me, to WERA, and to the sport definitely won't be possible.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I only knew him from the beeb, but as a fellow 250 racer, I watched his results over the years. I wish I had a chance to meet him, as he sounds like an amazing person. RIP, racer, and strength to his family and friends.

10. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Dammit man. RIP fellow racer.

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I didn't get the chance to meet Kurt, but it's obvious how great of a positive influence he had to many, both on and off the track.

My condolences to his family, friends, and fellow racers.

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Does anyone have anymore specific info on services? I'm sure many of us would like to attend if it is ok with the family

Lawn Dart likes this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

She posted on FB that arrangements should be finalized today.

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Sad to hear of this (clearly) genuinely great human-being's passing. Didn't know him personally, but the way some of you remember his actions goes a long way towards painting a really good picture.

RIP racer.

15. If for some reason she needs to sell it and no one can buy it I will buy it and store it until one of his buddies wants to race it.

16. I should probably be able to get a house at our country club (should know by noon or so as they are seeing if they can move a couple things around). Probably 300 a night for the house and 4 or 5 fully self sufficient bedrooms and 6 or 7 total. Been about a year since I stayed in one of them.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd be interested. (if it has a title-i'd also need to make a visitor bike out of it).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Canadian Bacon likes this.
  18. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Going to miss having Kurt in the paddock. A stand-up guy that corners low if there ever was one....

Sympathies to family and friends.

19. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

20. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Gutted... Kurt was an awesome person.....

We live 8 minutes from Toccoa Ga. If anyone in the WERA family needs a place to crash/sleep, let me know. We have a floor and a few beds.

BigBird and Stumpy like this.