1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The R3 Cup pace at the GNF was about a second a lap faster than the 2017 390 cup race during the Moto America weekend. Tires and track conditions ma have played a part in that.

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

The MA spec tires for the ktm cups are Dunlop alpha’s which are street rubber, I gain about 2 seconds a lap at pirc going to Pirelli sc1 dot’s.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just to make sure everyone gets a trophy?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The SV's beat a lot of 600's in Endurance racing...

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Why yes, we do...
    But, having had raced both E and F classes (and LW and C) I'd say the discrepancy is even wider- especially in a 2 hour race that would only require 1 (or often zero) stops. Seems like there might be a few bucks to be made splitting the ULW into E/F judging by the number of 250's still out there.

exracer941 likes this.
  6. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

I know you are just pushing my buttons, but so what? I never even thought about a trophy - I just thought it would make for another group to race. Seems like everyone is dropping the 250's and going to the R3 or something else because the 250's aren't competitive with the other bikes. Lots of people have access to a 250, and could use it for endurance, but won't because its not competitive. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

So, you should combine the SV's with the 600's into one class???.... Oh wait, lots of times 600's beats the 1000's too. Hmmm. Maybe just make one class like it is for ULWT. Good idea....

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My point is this is Endurance not sprints. A 250 is competitive with the 300's in this scenario and there is no reason for anyone who has one to NOT race it in the ULW race even without a set of trophies just for them.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The price jump from a 250 to a 300 isn't much. If the person is too cheap to do that, they're going to be too cheap to get into endurance racing.

I'm guessing numbers play a large part in which bikes get split up into which classes. How many of these theoretical 250 guys would without a doubt start consistently doing endurance racing?

If you never thought about a trophy, what difference does it make? Why is it important to have 2 groups of 10 bikes, vice one group of 20 bikes?

9. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

You make sense, but think of it this way...

WERA endurance has been around a long time. It went away. A group of guys revived it by offering help, trophies and a purse. It worked!

The same group of guys also offered the ulwt just to have a race for the small bikes. Maybe a group of guys need to come together and offer help, trophies and a purse for the ulwt?

I'm sure the big guy can create 2 classes and an overall on the scoring loop. Until then, I'd say be happy there is a race to run...

exracer941 likes this.
  10. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

I agree with what you are saying. I don't think the 250's even need any trophies or money - just a separate classification/scoring so we can compare apples to apples.

Part of racing is trash talking - having a separate class/scoring for the ninjas gives more trash talking opportunities.

11. Wheel Bearing

So compare the 250 riders in order of the same race, ignoring the other bikes that aren't 250s. Smack talk commences as normal. Your argument doesn't make any sense.

12. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Perhaps not to you, but it does to me. What you have described is post-race trash talking - that is only one aspect of it. And really a minor aspect - its the pre-race trash that counts.

Lets say its race 4 of a 5 race series. Shall I add up points from the other three races and post them on my website too? That's not feasible; I don't even have a website. And then everyone would have to check two websites for race info. That's not efficient.

I will be there regardless - just had a suggestion for something that I thought would be to a simple, no-cost way to add some fun to the series.

13. Wheel Bearing

I have no doubt the more you, and your 250 buddies show up, the more weight your input will have. Until then it's hard to justify changing things for what, 2-3 people? Endurance racing is just starting to come back. Fill up the grids first, iron out details later.

JBall likes this.
  14. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

Right. Good idea.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can always print out information for smack talk purposes :D

And yes, another class is simple. Just need a reason to spend the money on trophies really.

16. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Yeah man... you don't need a Web site, that's what the BBS is for. I'd say make yer own trophies to go with the smack talk and have a mild ceremony after the race for the 250's.

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I know you meant to say wild.

18. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Because we said so

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Exactly Sean and as you know...
    There is a catch.
    More trophies cost more money and I don’t care what anyone says once people win a race, podium etc they will think they deserve purse money also.

I’m sure we can do this but if we are going to do it let’s do it right and have trophies, purse money etc.

So who knows of some sponsors for this class?
    I’m not being sarcastic.
    Rob, others and myself are actively seeking sponsors for the series overall and if someone wants to sponsor a specific class that’s absolutely fine with us.
    We have some real potential with things in the works to really break through with larger purses/Contingency but until the money is in for sure we can’t count on “maybe”.

For the time being we are working on bigger purse money for overall winners (it rewards participation) and the three classes in the 4 hour because that is where we currently get the most entries and competition.

Feel free to call or text me
    724-328-6557
    We are open to suggestions and any potential sponsors.

Ride safe,
    AAron

t11ravis likes this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Good work, Aaron. We may come out east if we can swing it.

DucatiBomber likes this.