1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayes out G.G in?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 17, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

My thought is I Hope JH is still around in some type of ambassador role or doing one off events for Yamaha.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  3. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I just say that youtube video from MotoAmerica and came here to see if there was any knowledge

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

WTF are you talking about? Post a link or something for those of us that are out of the loop.

5. Mot Okstef

You don't say. :p

6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

7. Mot Okstef

Thank you. JH will never be out of racing and will always be involved in some way or another. One of my best personal memories was hanging with JH in the pits at TGPR in 200o or so when he raced endurance with AOD. He's one of the most down to earth coolest dudes you will ever meet, but when the shield goes down he will destroy you on the track. :D

turbulence and rcarson15 like this.
  8. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

9. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Boobie-titties plus Gerloff (do we have a nick name for him?) makes for one helluva team, wow!

10. Mot Okstef

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mr. Hayes to the rest of you.

ToofPic and Mot Okstef like this.
  12. Mot Okstef

I have to admit that weekend at Tally I was half tempted to make a grocery store run to get some eggs. For some strange reason I couldn't stop thinking about the Beastie Boys song Eggman, and the line where they sing "The eggs did crack on Hayes's back!" But he was such a cool dude I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sure he would have had a good laugh, but we just hung out and talked instead. :D

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I wonder if there will be a way for Mr. Hayes to do some World Endurance riding on an R1. That would be pretty cool too.

We will see if the new young gun has what it takes to go after Elias by the end of the season. I suspect at the start of the year the learning curve will prevent that with the limited testing allowed.

Wilk98 likes this.
  14. Happy for Gerloff for sure.

But it bums me out at the same time. Hayes has always been one of my fav dudes and I just have this feeling that a lot was left on the table. I feel had things went his way, he would be in the same conversations as people like Sykes and Davies. He was that good.

He was taken care of here. He earned a good check, had a great team, and won a lot. So at the end of the day, he did ultimately “live the dream”. But part of me also feels like he was almost “hung out to dry” in America.

Part of me also feels like we could be saying the same thing about Cam if something doesn’t happen in the next couple/few years.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

03RumbleBee and ruckusracing like this.
  16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

finally. young amazing riders need spots to move up. Hayes was still amazing, but i suspect that Gerloff is going to be better.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. Mot Okstef

Only time will tell. ;)

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So, who takes the open G.G. seat?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hope it is not true, but I heard somewhere, Graves may only run one 600 rider. Not sure if the person was guessing or had actual info.?

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think the kid will be fine but a modern superbike ain't a 600 super sport machine. We'll see how well he adapts.