1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping to Malaysia

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 13, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. DHL is the best choice. An alternate that we use is Lynden International.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

DHL is your only choice, unless its big and heavy, then cargo

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

19 years or so as I grew up there. lived in kl the last year or so before I headed here but spent lots of time in kl

4. Ah ok. :beer:

Your post sorta came across as one of the typical “Murica” biased comments that people tend to make when they assume everywhere outside the US is a shithole...and often times those comments are made by people who have never even been there.

Malaysia has some really nice places. I like it there. I’ve spent time in KL, Miri, and Labuan.

The wife is also in the offshore oil drilling business. She is working on getting a project going with Petronas. They put her up in an apartment and also an office that are both right next to the Petronas Towers.

5. Will I have to declare anything for Customs or some shit like that?

I’m not shipping anything of real value. It is essentially just a care package with some of her favorite Tea, some more of her workout supplements, etc. No electronics or anything like that.

I’ve never shipped anything overseas and don’t know how that shit works.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

it was mean to come off as that hahahah. best food around for sure and the Malaysian hospitality is the best. let me know if you or your gal needs anything as I have tons of friends in kl (all over) still. stop by Ipoh and visit my parents for me also :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I shipped something over there and I think I've always just usps it. you do have to fill out some kind of form to declare whats in it from what I can remember. pretty funny that you're shipping her tea to an asian country lol

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Like the old steel pulse song, Nothing to declare, a smile and cash in your pocket. Just have cash and everything is an afterthought.

Gorilla George and Laz like this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

We use UPS and Fedex to and from Melaka Malaysia (2hrs from KL) without issue. Our manufacturing is there. I think Fedex if I had to choose one.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Oh, snap!
    That didn't work out like you thought it would.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

If I'm getting something delivered from the US, I prefer usps because it usually skips the customs (fees, import taxes) and they've been reliable for the past decade+

BigBird likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Have you tried contacting your Corporate shipping people? They could probably line you up with their rep. Commercial accounts seem to get treated better than private stuff.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

An after thought? Like.....where did I hide it?

Gorilla George and Mot Okstef like this.
  14. No “snap” required. I explained what I was getting at in my next post. I took his post exactly how he intended it to be taken, and I responded accordingly.

15. Lawd the BS to go through that would be insane. Every item would need an IFS Object ID (so a “Wizard” card would have to be created and then it would need to be entered into the system and wait to be approved by Copenhagen), and each item would need to have a Serial Number assigned to it. Then once that’s done, I would need to get a PO issued and approved.

It would be quicker and easier for me to put the box in a canoe and row that shit over there. :crackup:

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Understood. I meant use the corporate contacts but have them bill it to you as a private shipment. I have managed to ship stuff pretty cheap and easy that way.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Heard there's a former racer with dogs that's quite adept at navigating through the Pacific, err, being in the Pacific

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

There's your new cardio workout.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually like USPS for a lot of things, but it needs to fit in a flat rate box. Overseas though is hit or miss.