2017 WERA GNF Updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Nov 2, 2017.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Which are kinda useless with out more fuel and air. I think he said they checked them and they met grind specs. Curious to what is measured though...lift, duration, LSA?

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I didn't know they made 3/4 RV cams for R3's!

JustaNobody and TurboBlew like this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

just lift. unable to check duration at the track, also if u remove material opposite of the lobe, u have to make up for that with a bigger shim, creating more lift. I think he questioned that too. Whatever, I don't care because it doesn't matter.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

LOL. I think that term went out in the 60s.

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. Bobby_Evans

Bobby_Evans Well-Known Member

Looked like a hell of a race for the r3 cup!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Speaking of video - if anyone has footage from the R3 Cup please send me a copy. Would love to keep it going next year and that kind of stuff will help convince the powers that be.

Cam Morehead, dmj_88 and BigBird like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are you appealing? The decision hasn't even been made yet.

Seriously you guys all need to grow the fuck up. This little league bullshit is ridiculous.

8. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Are the results not final yet? I see they're uploaded, but can they change?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It really was an amazing race. Too bad all the people involved other than the riders have to keep starting shit in the paddock. The riders did amazing and did it on the track where racing is done. But nothing new there, same old bitching, same old people. We'll do our end and make sure people are legal or not and go from there.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely, the posted results are provisional pending the outcome of the teardown. Should be later this week.

obcbr likes this.
  11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Man, it really was. Several lead changes each lap, it was fun to watch. Those top 5-6 riders should be damn proud of themselves.

BigBird, Bobby_Evans and TurboBlew like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I really hope those kinds of posts are the ones they read rather than their tuners and parents bitching and whining. Because the job they all did on track was outstanding and that's what really matters.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So back on the GNF stuff that is actually important - absolutely amazing event. As I said yesterday I want to thank everyone who was a part of it - the riders, friends, family, workers, track peeps and anyone else who was there. Even with a bit of crap from mother nature on Friday everyone worked together and we had a great day. Only had two riders go to the hospital and both will be fine.

I'm tired but it was worth it for sure for this one. Thanks again to all of you.

JBarx, ruckusracing, V5 Racer and 3 others like this.
  15. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Yes sir!
    It felt like I was riding with younger MM93 every lap! I have zero idea how my bike never moved, broke loose or had any problems but watching the kids push those bikes to a point of crashing and saving was not only scary, but impressive! I had a blast and was the best send off from any GNF! (However I can't compare it to rubbing elbows with Dane Westby back in the cup days...)

X is fast, that's all there is to it. I knew he'd be the only one Id have to really race but hell, when he steps off a 200 hp kawi endurance bike to a 42 hp puppy, what do expect? Haha

16. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

That is just so wrong

17. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Mmmmm, cams. Big, nasty, welded, Italian cams...

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would've asked to check the rods. We are still missing a set of rods...

JustaNobody and badmoon692008 like this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I'm just proud that someone actually offered to go out back!

Usually when fisticuffs is spoken; one side usually backs down!

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Did you loan them a set? :)