1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs your month has been rough.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 20, 2017.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sorry to hear about Dart. Don't accept any offer to quickly and consult an Employment lawyer before you do.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Been there twice in the last 2 years. I'm in a much better place and am done fucking around in corporate america anymore. Happiest I've been in a long time. Not making the money I was, but, found out there were a lot of things that I used to think that I needed that I really don't. The money will come on the back end.
    Best thing I did during my time off was to get my project management certification. Was something I always wanted to do, but, didn't make the time to do it. Was a great distraction while job hunting because there will be a lot of shitty days of sending out resumes and not getting any responses. I'm not in a position where I'm using the certification, but, it was a good thing to talk about during interviews since just about every thing you do has some form of project management imbedded in it, if you really think about it. Not saying you have to go out and get a project management certification, just saying that doing something for me outside of job hunting was very therapeutic and turned out to be very beneficial.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Thanks all... The severance appears to be shit, but what did I expect? From now on, I'm only buying Philips light bulbs and LG or Samsung appliances. That'll show those bastards. :D

Some of you know - I'm sort of a nerd and a lifelong learner. I finished my degree (about 20 years late) this past spring. I'm already professionally certified by Cisco and Microsoft and a bunch of other nerd companies. For a while now, I've been working on Cisco's expert level certification, so that'll help keep me busy. I should be able to find something. Right now its more the PITA of having to find another job when you've been out of the game for 10-12 years. The last time I had to "look" for a job was before I started racing and was still in my 20s. The world looks a little different at 41, when you're in your prime earning/productivity years. I anticipated this, so my resume has already been out there a few weeks. Now, I just need to get a decent bite.

I could use a small sabbatical to work on my current level of fitness anyway. Airplane seats and every meal at a restaurant takes its toll on you.

Edit: oh, one last "F you" - I may lose the phone number that I've had for 8 years too, even though there's no office in Nashville. Literally, no one else will ever use it, but I'm hearing they may have a bullshit policy about porting the phone number over to my personal account. And, I'm probably going to have to fork out a grand for a phone... So, I've got that going for me too.

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Tesla will be delivered for free because I'm in an area effected by Hurricane Harvey, but now I have to wait another 3-5 weeks for delivery.

:dead:

Lawn Dart likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Why? You only want a iPhone X

6. Lawn Dart

The 8 isn't much better. There don't seem to be awesome phone deals right now, even with the new one coming out. I think probably because they don't have any of the new ones in stock, so they can still sell the old ones. I've got too much invested in Apple at this point to go back to Android. I'd have to buy a bunch of apps again and port some stuff over that won't work on both. I sorta need to stick with Verizon too because I don't get coverage at the house with anyone else.

If I'm locked in for two years, I could at least get a phone that's gonna be functional for that whole period. I tend to keep them until they're not functional anymore. I just got rid of my 5s about 6 months ago, and it was only because IOS updates sorta killed it, performance-wise.

BigBird likes this.
  7. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss... wish this wasn't so "close to home" for me... just lost Dad this past Monday... cancer first in esophagus... chemo/ rad then surgical removal in February... in June found metastasized to adrenals and iliac crest of pelvis.. started 2nd round chemo's but halfway through had to stop
    .. he was wiped out...
    He got a bit stronger after hospitalization/ rehab and came home in mid- September.. mid-October got weaker again and back to hospital... found another metastasis this time to meninges... came home to hospice October 25th... gone October 30th... f#ck muther-f#cking cancer.. his RV trailer is in my back yard, his motorcycle in my shop, his truck's at my house right now... can't shake some pics and sounds

8. Lawn Dart

Stuff like this makes some of our other problems small. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Dart, I was in 8 cities on two continents in 11 days with 9 flights. How is that worse than your situation? I had to take a dump for 3 days and couldn't/ wouldn't because I made the mistake of looking in the bucket next to the toilet. A meat tornado in my intestines with a cheese tsunami right behind it and seeing someone elses shit paper made a turtle head go to colon football.

Thanks gawd for grape juice and some sparkling water 'cause I shat today like it was my job and I was $30 Million buy out CEO.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:crackup: Jeebus. This HAS to go into your book. :crackup:

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Sorry to hear, man. Lost my stepdad of 22 years to cancer, July 28, 2010. You won’t ever truly “shake” it. But the best advice I can give is that your life will go on. Beats the hell out of watching them suffer through the chemo. That shit is BRUTAL.

12. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I bought a used HTC10 from Amazon, was a flagship phone about 12 months ago. $189, and I couldn't be happier with it.