1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoooooHooooo. Suzuki unveils new 2018 GSXR 600/750 BNG.

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Where's my injected 450 supermoto?

Dammit.

WANABE RACER likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did you happen to catch the MotoAmerica series this year, or the Isle of Man Senior TT, or the Australian SBK series? :D

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes and it's a shell of it's former self. Suzuki is taking a page out of Hondas play book with manufacturing an average bike for the masses then throwing cubic dollars to a few teams to make it competitive. Meanwhile the average rider and club racer gets stuck with BNG. WoooooooHooooooo craptastic. LOL.

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Umm... yes and no.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

At the start of the 1996 AMA Superbike series at the first round at Daytona there were no fewer than four SS750 factory supported teams from every Japanese manufacturer. By 1997 it basically became the Suzuki GSXR750 cup class. So much so that even Suzuki factory pulled out of the class and left it to the privateers. That's how good the GSXR was. It dominated a class for years, so much so that the class was discontinued as manufacturers abandoned even making a 750 as a direct result of the Suzuki being so good.

Name one other bike that dominated a class to a level to such a degree that the class was discontinued in part because the other manufactures discontinued manufacturing.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  6. Knotcher

The 1k isn't BNG.

7. Knotcher

Also, I think you meant "yes". Unless you meant "no" to "yes and no".

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

The title of the thread states 600/750:Poke::)
    The new 1000 still isn't as ground breaking as the 1986 GSXR1100 or the 2005 GSXR1000 ;)
    No? Yes.

9. Knotcher

10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I wanna see some freaky shit like the 750 slingshot days.
    Suzuki needs to step out..Even if its wrong,make a move.
    The market craves individuality ..
    Go back to some queer colors,beefy swingarms,anything other than this same old shit
    with a different paint scheme!!!
    Whats Suzuki paying these folks to do all year? I can play with paint schemes!! Hire me!:dead:

11. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I bet if Dovi rode it he would be hungry enough for a BNG championship. :moon:

12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

What if Suzuki had gone the Yamaha way, BNB instead of BNG....

13. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

BRB: Bring Rotary Back, bitches!

[​IMG]

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember it was just supposed to be the GSXR750 for 1986 and suzuki shocked everyone when they also rolled out the 1100. The 750 was a shot across the bow, the 1100 was a shotgun blast to face. Shit got really f@ckin' real that year. :D

I'd argue that the 1986 GSXR series was the biggest impact bikes ever. Bigger than even the CB750.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

seeing as how his stolen stuff still hasn't been recovered, they could give this guy a bucket of money...

[​IMG]

and put a few tweaks on the fairings and chassis to suit their lineage and just sell that puppy and i'd buy one in an instant and call it a day. all the hard work is already done for them.

16. My thoughts exactly.

Like I’ve said before, I’ve owned 5 Suzuki’s. My first bike ever, first Liter bike, first track bike, were all Suzuki’s. Then later on I raced a 750 and had another one for the street.

But I got rid of my 2009 750 haven’t bought another one since. I’ve been waiting for an all-new kickass 750, But year after year it’s the same shit.

I am still a little partial to Suzuki, but I won’t buy one until they come out with a new 600/750 that makes me say “that is badass, I’ve got to have one”.

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Suzuki won't do shit unless it is financially profitable. Suzuki (the whole company, not only the motorcycle division) is a small manufacturer compared to, let's say, Kawasaki heavy industries.
    While this is ruining the company's image, it seems that it's what they are capable of.
    Gone are the days of a completely new bike every two years.

But I can't help but wonder, who's still buying them?

18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Right here.

terminus est likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh man, I remember that like it was yesterday. I still remember the first time I swung a leg over my 1100. Never been on a bike prior to that that could loft the front end up so effortlessly at the same time it was a bit squirrelly and the motor sounded like a gravel crusher ready to blow up at any moment. But it was fun. :)

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think Suzuki just pulled out of MXGP as well. This is the year they finally debut a new 450. I don't think they are going to be updating much of anything else for a while.