CCS or FMRRA?

Discussion in 'General' started by DPost, Oct 25, 2017.

1. DPost

DPost Member

Hey everyone,
    I have a question about which racing series I should get into. I am just starting to get into racing and I am about to get my racing license and then enter into a series but I am not sure out if the 2 which is a better route for me to go at this point, CCS FL or FMRRA? I know there may be a lot of “it depends on such and such,” so if there is any additional information that would help you guys guide me then just ask. I appreciate the help!

dont621 likes this.
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

While this is the WERA forum, I'm eager to see this thread progress.

:)

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'd probably take a look at WERA since you're on the WERA page. That's like going to a Honda forum and asking if you should buy a Toyota or a Nissan.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

WERA....... Even if you are Florida Based....

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

CCS or ANTIFA? I want to rage against the machine and throw out tweets on the twatter to bring down the gooberment! F@ck the Police and Mongo ate my HoHos!

cajun636 likes this.
  6. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

With a question like that there is only one place for you....

Advanced Group with NESBA.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If you care about your life or safety avoid FMRRA. Wera and CCS both take safety very seriously

8. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Look at the differences and make a decision based on what works best for you.

Ccs- been in the game for a long time/ Considered a national org/ has Daytona/one day of practice on Sat race on Sunday

The other- this would be their third year/ has Jennings/ spec fuel/ I think it’s two practice sessions in the am and then time trial to see where you grid.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'd consider safety issues first. Unprotected walls at FMRRA s primary track and severe lack of medical personal on site. If those get corrected than it will be just personal preference

MELK-MAN and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well you better ask Greg Melka before you try CCS Florida since he owns the competition. :beer:

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

That whole thing is retarded. Lets take a small market and divvy it up a little more. Yeah that'll be great for the sport in the area....

12. DPost

DPost Member

Didn’t mean to leave WERA out of the question. Again totally new to everything in the racing world. For some reason I was thinking CCS and WERA were somehow in the same group. My apologies. Hopefully I didn’t twist too many panties

Lawn Dart and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, the Albanian fish monger speaks it like it is.

V5 Racer and 418 like this.
  14. :stupid:

I've said the same thing many times.

In my opinion, the same thing applies to all of these track day orgs hosting races. All that does is hurt the real racing orgs.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What is FMRRA? I really have no idea

16. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Agreed. I’m just giving him facts, he can make the decision on his own.

I remember going to Jennings

I agree safety should come first but he should decide on his own based on whatever information he finds.

Reminds of me of the time I first went to Jennings years ago. In the early morning I approached a guy mowing the lawn to ask him about where I should go to get tire changes. He replied that he was the tire guy. I then saw him trying to turn on the ambulance which wouldn't turn on... when he was mounting my tires I asked him if he was able to get the ambulance to work and who goes out to pick up the injured.... He replied that he was the one that would go out there...

I still go to Jennings. :)

Theducatiman, DPost and Odilup like this.
  17. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

FMRRA - register for races using a CC on their website
    CCS FL - better keep your checkbook and fax machine around

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fuck FMRRA.. end of discussion with me. Safety is concern (but not with that owner, has said for 2 years "lets get bottle bags together"). I have no idea what scheme/backroom deal he has with JennignsGP to race there. Just odd that wera/ccs can't race at JGP, and somehow fmrra guy is able to do it. I had a discussion with JGP owner, and he told me (not hearsay) that he was running it as a "mock race" track day.. he wouldn't say if he used track day insurance or racing insurance with K&K or not... But to further that thought, It's alleged that he was using TRACK DAY INSURANCE to hold races at roebling, and other places. (fmrra has denied this in various threads when brought up). Why? it's much cheaper and easier to get. i have a story from an insider with Roebling road this almost happened. (yea, hearsay, i get it)

And as some said earlier, yea.. lets divide up the few FL region racers we have. That'l be great for the grids ! !

DPost, i sent PM earlier, didn't feel it was ideal discussing spending money with other org. here on WERA forum.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yeah, I never understood why Henry did it like that.

20. DPost

DPost Member

What would you say the average racer spends throughout a season of ccs?