1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grilled bacon wrapped steak

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 20, 2017.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I made lovely beef filets wrapped in Boars Head Extra Think Cut bacon just a couple weeks ago. It was amazing. Wrap, pin, grill eat. Less salt on the steak than normal.

motoboy likes this.
  2. That’s like saying you don’t need tire warmers, it makes no sense.

3. You shut your mouth, don’t ever disrespect bacon like that again. Please. Thank you. The end.

dtalbott likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Can't argue with a guy that has the word Bacon in his name!

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, but he's really ham.

motoracer1100, bleacht and ryoung57 like this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not really. it comes in a lot of styles, and when well made, is amazing.
    You know how to make kale taste good? Pancetta.
    On a good steak it's a distraction.

7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that bacon is good when well made, esp pancetta. But cmon, "When well made" disqualifies like 90% of all bacon dishes, hence overhyped.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm gonna do it later. Just gonna wing it. I'll take pics. And for those of y'all dogging on bacon, y'all can all DIAF. Bacon is the greatest food ever.

:Poke:

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Giver, just make sure you take you bacon %70-80 of the way first. Unless you like rubbery bacon and perfect steak, or crispy bacon and well done steak.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Come to my house. All the bacon dishes are good. My reference to the bacon being well-made was to the bacon itself, not what you do with it. A lot of commercial/industrial bacon is pretty lousy, but some is very good (cf. Dailey's out of Missoula MT; the peppered version rocks and its real thick cut)
    Yeah, I make my own (I have a tesa drying in the locker from a Ossabaw hog, snap), but whatever gets folks going.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well that got fucked up. I went in to grab a beer, came back out, and EVERYTHING was on fire. We went and got a gyro instead.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, I had to grab my own beers from the fridge too, before I had kids and a wife. :Poke:

Phl218 likes this.