1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would I have gone to jail if I...?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Oct 18, 2017.

1. I totally agree. But it isn't by choice. I don't set out thinking "shits going to get on my nerves today", or "if this happens, I'll make sure I get really pissed off". I don't plan it and can't help it; it just happens.

People like to say "take it easy", "don't rush", "stay calm" etc. But everyone is built differently. Someone telling me to "take it easy" makes about as much sense as me walking up to someone else who is perfectly calm and saying "get really angry".

It's funny because the wife is my polar opposite. I have literally never seen her upset about anything, not even once. We've never had a single argument, ever. She is the most positive, easy going person on Earth. She can be in dead last and will just be smiling, happy, enjoying herself, giving no fucks. :crackup:

Which is funny because being an HR Manager, she deals with bullshit all the time. She can get a call at 2am with somebody's wife screaming and cussing about insurance or some shit and she will just be like "it's ok, we will fix this one. No problem"...and won't say a negative word or get upset in the slightest.

Anyway, so while I agree sometimes getting worked up is wasted energy, it isn't a conscious decision. I can't make myself "get happy" anymore than I can make the wife "get mad".

2. I do the same shit. :D

I will have all day to do nothing but go lift weights, and our gym is only 5min away. But I'll be hauling ass, passing people, and doing my damnedest to get Pole Position at red lights.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  3. Wellillbedamned.

I've never even heard of it before this thread. Is it any good? But then again, I'm not carrying quarters around just so I can use a cart.

The only places I ever go are Walmart and Food Lion. I try to avoid Walmart because I can go in for bread and come out with $600 worth of shit. So when I just need a few things, I'll go to Food Lion.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Small company and she "fills in" for certain things or helps the HR manager. When she answers the phone in corporate I'll find a way to throw in the time just for funsies.

sbk1198 likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I always return my cart to the cart island (learned what that was called today, thanks Beeb), but I must say, there are times when after putting all the bags in the car, and the kids in the car seat, I'll return the cart a ways away, but then worry what if something happens to me on the way back to the car, like someone running me over and the kids are in the van.

Yes, I can take them with me to return the cart, but walking with two kids in the parking lot these days, with morons barely able to drive, and driving and texting is also dangerous. So yeah...my life

600 dbl are likes this.
  6. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

You already had the answer within your question. The answer hiding in plain sight has been bolded.

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

My issue is that time is the only thing we can't get more of. You can work harder to get more money. You can buy more of something with that money. BUT once time is gone you can't get it back. Someone wasting my time is the equivalent of taking money from someone that values money the most and we wouldn't hesitate to throw a thief in jail.

HR people are definitely a different lot. Not all are morons but that carefree approach is what gives them a bad name. They also answer to no one. At least not at the places I've worked. They get to set policies and change how we do things with no requirement for outside input. Many see only half the data and then make these decisions that have unintended consequences.

8. 600 dbl are

I can understand that situation. I've watched people push the cart to the side of a parking space when the cart return was 2 spaces over and I wondered how lazy people can be.

BigBird likes this.
  9. My wife is not "carefree". There is a big difference between being positive and never getting upset, and being carefree.

She cares too much. People offshore don't realize how many nights she has never actually went to sleep because she was trying to take care of people. She always says "babe, what if it was you". She looks after each individual problem/person as if it was her own.

The difference is that she never gets upset or aggravated. She is always nice, always polite, stays calm, and stays positive. She doesn't take anything personally. She just understands that person is probably stressed out and worried, so she doesn't get mad when they call yelling or cussing. She just stays calm, takes care of them, and does her job.

10. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Understand... it's actually similar for me. I'm just trying to stop myself and think more often "Is this really important in the Big Picture?".. for me, with some of the things going in personal life right now, prioritizing what's worth my energy is paramount.

I sincerely hope there's more out there like your wife!.. maybe you could look into some cloning options?.. if she's that tolerant with you, she might be a Mother Theresa for the rest of us! :Putter:

:crackup:

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup::crackup:

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So she is the complete opposite of you then. :D

Gorilla George and sbk1198 like this.
  14. 600 dbl are

Broome seems like the type of guy that if one of his people called him at 3am with a problem he would be more than happy to help them out. I could be wrong though :D

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This is my point of emphasis. :D

16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Oh yes! For a second there as I was reading your statement, I thought I would see the word "she" in bold instead of HR :P

Yeah no shit. Just the other day I got an email from an HR guy at a company I had applied for a job at asking me what a good time/day would be to have a phone conversation. I replied, and this morning I got a reply from him saying they've evaluated my application and I do not fit their requirements for that position. Why the fuck did you ask me when I'm available for a phone interview then dumbass??? Thanks for wasting my time and getting my hopes up!

So what if hypothetically she was at a grocery store in line buying some stuff, paying with a check, and doing some small talk with the cashier because that's what nice people do, and you happened to be waiting in line behind her?? What would that scenario be like? :)

17. 600 dbl are

He would buy the bank and make the check bounce?

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. I absolutely would help them out.

But then I'd be like "that fucking shit couldn't wait till morning?" :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  19. That scenario would be fine. The wife spends more time in the squat rack than I do. So in that scenario, I would just stand there and quietly stare at her ass. :D

sbk1198 likes this.