1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motor Questions - The more you know about F4/F4is the better

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Found a F4i motor i can have delivered to me for $600, which is right about what i wanted to spend...it is just the motor though...no throttle bodies, etc, and all it's got in it are the spark plugs...1100 miles on it so she's pretty much brand spankin new...my question is...can i simply throw the carbs, and all the electrical connections i have from the F4 onto the F4i motor and i think it should works...the fella who's selling it to me said it wouldn't be a problem, i just want to double check...like to get this motor if i can get this to work

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

So your going to put carbs on a fuel injected engine? Hmmm..... I think your going to confuse the Power Commander. :Poke:

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I don't know, Jeff. I doubt it. I'd try for the throttle bodies and the wire harness, too. Then, at least, you could really shop for a Power Commander, my friend. ;)

4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Motor Questions - The more you know about F4/F4is the better

that's what i'm also considering..it's such a good deal on an engine that's supposed to have 1100 miles on it that if it doesn't work, i can throw the harness and t. bodies on there and run superbike and formula series...

5. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

the greenie is back at it .....what chu mean throw the carbs on the f4i......that would be like a dual fuel injection system :D .....na but 600 does sound like a good price.....just get all the other electricals like the others have said and you will be good

6. 418

418 Expert #59

It wouldn't be supersport legal, would it...??? :confused:

7. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Greenie,
    You owe me for this one:D

I just finished looking thru all of the fiche pages on Ronayers.com for the major parts between an f4/f4i motor and guess what they are all the same. Even the frames except the f4i is black. So the guy was right... everything is interchangable. You will have to use your carbs, ecu, and wiring harness but thats it. FWIW the F4 is listed as 99-04 for all parts.

8. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

I doubt anybody would protest an F4/F4i hybrid being run in Superstock. You might be alright there.

BTW a lot of the F4/F4i parts interchange. Frame, subframe, radiator, rear wheel, swingarm, shock, clip ons, rearsets, bodywork. Differences that I'm aware of are the fuel injection (obviously), wiring harness & ECU (to go with the FI), front wheel (different axle diameter) and umm, that might be it. I'd want to check the velocity stack thingies and make sure they were the same diameter, but otherwise I'd say it's a non-issue. I can't imagine that the block is any different because the frame mounts are the same. I have an F4i frame on my F4.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

That's not the point. :Poke:

He is breaking the rules. :eek: :D

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Not if i run formula 1/2 and superbike...i think...superstock isn't a big deal

11. 418

418 Expert #59

If you run F2, you're defenitally will be DQ'ed.

Dumbass. :Poke: :D

12. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

I think you'd be legal for F1, C-SB, and B-SB. F2 is fer them lil' bikes.

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

THAT'S FORMULA ONE HALF! WHO'S THE DUMBASS NOW:p :Poke: :Poke:

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He has to finish a race to get protested:Poke: :Poke: :Poke: :moon:

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

PIMP SLAP! Ouch! :eek:

16. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

so if the blocks are the same, how can anyone tell if it is a F4 engine or a F4i engine? And aside from what he says, is there any grounds to protest on? If the part numbers are the same for the block and head, then why is it not legal for SS?

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

not too anxious to jump into that ss class anyhow..i'd be happy with b/c superbike formula 1, and a solo 20...thats about all my budget can handle:(

18. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

19. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

220 salvage

Also check this place out if its even still open. Its in greensboro and has lots of motorcycle salvaged parts, bikes, ect.
    220 WHOLESALERS CYCLE SALVAGE - 5501 Randleman Road - Greensboro, NC 27406
    Phone: 910 674-6483 - Phone: 1-800-877-8657

20. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

they have one, they want 850 for it. probably a little pricey for green