1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Houses / Shouses

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It's a wood pole structure, I believe it's 60' wide. That width is common even with wood trusses. It's on a slab. Wood structures are still pretty common around here, maybe 10% are steel. I had a 100'x60' built at my last house, wood structure, metal skin, asphalt roof.

2. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Those are wood frames. Most in the video are post frame with laminated columns. Some are frame wall ( 2x framing on concrete knee wall.)

3. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

:Pop:
    I am looking at building the exact this we are discussing here. I looked at Morton because they are the big name, but their buildings are wood frame, so you can't have as big of a clear span. I'm looking at SteelCo now.
    My biggest problem is finding a design I like. Looking for 2BR/2 1/2 BA roomate floorplan with about 40x60 shop in the back.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It looks like this is the case with the link I posted. That wasn't my intent. There are other companies that build similar structures that are 100% steel structures (less the interior wall framing).