1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESPN should just change their name to SJW

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by DrA5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah. I first heard about the show, or whatever it is, with the name "cornhole" a few days ago and wondered what the modern definition of cornhole is. Years ago it meant to screw some guy in the ass. :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Up north we didn't have the requirement that it be a guy, but whatever floats your boat.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

FWIW, I have stopped watching almost all TV and you will probably not catch much NFL on in my house either. I don't know if it's nationwide but I have heard from others that they feel the same way about networks and the sports. It's getting too political and not enjoyable to watch anymore. It seems every show has an agenda that doesn't match my values. As far as the MSM is concerned, I'll catch snippets here and there but when the news starts giving their opinion I just stop reading or turn it off. Who else feels the same way?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you enjoy football, you could just watch the game and not be concerned with who was sitting during the national anthem. Just a thought.

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, I watch a lot of sports and I've never noticed much politics involved because I'm just watching guys play a game.

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why are you so bothered by opinions that are different than your own? I've been annoyed by movies that cram in stupid political shit but I'm not going to stop watching movies because I disagree with their opinions.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The left boycotts business establishments based upon the views of the owners. Not the way they treat customers, or the quality of the product, but their thoughts, often to the point of trying to drive them out of business. It isn't a matter of simple disagreement, IMHO, it is choosing not to financially support individuals or companies that hold you in disdain. YMMV.

Orvis likes this.
  8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Except the announcers are just as stupid and now the players are acting up on the field.

IMO it is a good thing and maybe more people will turn the idiot box off. Then the networks will have less power and actually have to try to please/entertain people rather than indoctrinate them. If not they will go the way of the silent movie.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This was in reaction to the same crap at the VMA's.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The only parts of it I've seen are the clips of some of the off the tracks political insults about Trump. I also saw an article today about how much it flopped in the ratings. It seems that all the anti Trump comments turned off a lot of viewers. I wouldn't watch that bunch of squirrels even if the place caught on fire. Fuck em and the horse they rode in on onto the air conditioned red carpet.

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Bottom line...

They are nothing but entertainment and I'm paying to be entertained so they work for me. So shut the fuck up and dance monkey dance or I'm not tossing quarters your way.

BHP41, gixxerreese, Kolbe and 7 others like this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I would. I'd even throw money at pay per view if they locked all those worthless fucks in that theater and set it on fire. A handful of webcams inside watching them scream?
    Hell's yeah, I'd watch it.
    It would be the best thing out of Hollywood in decades.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, you do have a way with words. :bow:

Funkm05 likes this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. It is pretty sad when the court jesters think they are important...

brex and bleacht like this.
  16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. I don't consider myself a liberal or conservative; it shouldn't be so black- and-white. However, it's amazing liberals don't understand one of the main reasons Trump got elected was because liberals were pushing so hard for the most unqualified, hated politician in history that it pushed everyone away. Yet, they keep pushing and it's getting very old. I couldn't make out through the opening without getting annoyed and changing the channel.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sad thing is that most of the stuff being belched out is not that entertaining lately.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, in this country at least, we've reached a point in social development where the division between the political foes seems to be taking over. Both major parties have been evolving since forever but it's my opinion that the party of the Democrats has evolved into a party that does not have the best interests of the country at heart. They have an idea of a completely different form of governance for the US kind of like Obama's own words about a "fundamental change." The hatred emanating from the leadership is really becoming caustic and it keeps getting worst each election cycle. They seem to be willing to do whatever it takes to get, and stay, in power including openly lying about their opponents to challenging an election's results with lawsuits. Even today Hillary has made a statement about possibly challenging the election of 2016. There seems to be nowhere they will not go to get back into power.

I honestly think that we're in a battle for the future of the US as we've always known it and it may very well eventually end up in a physical war between the two factions. Any physical war that comes about again will not be like the war of the 1860s but will be fought involving several factions. Race will be involved along with political power. Others that will use the chaos to fight just for the "fun" of being able to attack someone else with intent to commit murder with the idea that they will probably not get caught. Chaos covers a lot of tracks during your escape.

I will most likely be gone by then but my children, grandchildren, my Great Grandchildren for sure, and my friends that are younger (like some of you guys) will be involved. That scares the living stuffings out of me.

gixxerreese likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Goddamn golden right there.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

If she wasn't the record-holder, Trump would've lost. ;)