1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: 2016 r6 bottom triple + fork tube straightening

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Littlehat, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

Like the titles says I'm looking for a r6 bottom triple and fork tube straightening recommendations. I have one fork that looks straight to the eye, but you can't quite spin the bottom tube around 360 degrees. I can spin it maybe 300 degrees and then there is quite a bit of resistance that I don't want to force through.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Where are you located. Gerry's out on the west coast and fixes lots of mangled R6's :D

https://www.gpframeandwheel.com

A very interesting video showing him at work

3. Littlehat

Yes I am located in San Diego. I remember hearing go frames a while ago I will give them a call. Thanks.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

+1. Had 2 very tweaked frames & swingarms straightened by Dr. J and both bikes handled better than when they were new. I also live in San Diego and he did one of them while I waited saving me the extra trip through traffic hell. Ask first and if they're not crazy busy he may be able to do it the same day.

6. Littlehat

Thanks guys for the straightening recommendation. I had Dr Johns straighten the forks and they came back better than new. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs some forks straighten. On that note though, I did mess up and didn't send the bottom triples out. So I'm still looking for a nice straight bottom triple.

7. Jay vaughan

Jay vaughan Active Member

I have a bottom triple tree.