1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Aragon | Spain | Sept 22 - 24 | 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wonder if that candy ass Iannone will finish the race this time.

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Every GP weekend I feel like you want to be in the Suzuki garage going off like Randy Quaid in Major League.

[​IMG]

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The guys on BT Sport were making fun of him posting "black and white pictures of himself pouting into the distance" lol.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I don't doubt his will, but the human body can only heal so quickly.

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I've been hearing this for 8 years now. Is he just biding his time? :p

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The BT Sport bunch are pretty good, there is a really good chemistry between Edwards, Hodgeson and Perry, the only thing I will say is that you have to be aware that it's aimed at a British audience and at times can be a little jingoistic. Huewen and Ryder as commentators are pretty decent too.

Did you see when they were on the grid before the British GP and they spoke to Hopkins? He was bouncing around off the red limiter, must have been a good hospitality tent.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn! :crackup:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The French version of Dr. Ting/Mir who put Sebastien Charpentier's pelvis back together, among others, was a studio guest on Eurosport last week to talk about Rossi's injury. To my great surprise, he said that his age was not a factor in how quickly the bone would heal.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

With the amount of unobtainium treatments and therapies that these guys have, I'm not surprised by this statement at all.

Looks like The Doctor was back at it again on the R1 this morning.

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

11. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Doubt it, I really followed the guy when he was at Pramac and last year he had some bone head moments but I always thought he had heart. That was until the test rider was smoking his ass this year and then he upped the pace...thats not what a racer does...pathetic...

BigBird likes this.
  12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Interesting. I always thought age came into play. I assumed a 20year old would heal faster than a 40 year old and a 5 year old would heal faster yet.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Well, it's official. Rossi is going to give it a go.

Still has to pass with clinica mobil when he gets to Aragon, but somehow I think that even if his eyes were hanging out of his sockets they'd let him head out.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yep..confirmed
    https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/131934/rossi-to-attempt-to-race-at-aragon

"Eventually, the test was positive and I want to say thanks to Dr Lucidi and his staff, who helped me find the best solutions to feel the least amount of pain possible in my leg when I'm riding."

Love painkillers :eek: regardless, the GOAT still amazes to this day

15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What in the f@¢k kind of treatment are these guys getting?! I hit my hand hard on a machine at the gym and I couldn't do a damn thing for months.
    I wonder if it's like "how high on painkillers can I be without losing concentration? " :crackup:

JustaNobody and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty sure they can do local treatments that are extremely effective without having any cognitive side-effects. However, the riders still need to be able to feel what they are doing on the bike, so I'd imagine Rossi still has a bit of pain, especially after the natural adrenaline wears off.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When it comes to a broken bone on the mend I personally would be less concerned about the pain (although that certainly is a concern) and moreso with whether the bone had sufficiently healed before putting it under stress again. But I didn't read into the story much, was it just set and cast or did this throw some rods and screws in there to hold it in place. I'm guessing if its less than 3 weeks and he's gonna try and race already there must be some metal in there holding it in place?

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 11.16.47 AM.png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Razr and JustaNobody like this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup: I am the furthest thing you can get from an Uccio but except for the Ducati the old man is a serious threat to win every time he throws a leg over a bike, injured or not.

BigBird likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Wonder what the risk factor is if he crashes..

JustaNobody likes this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Could get hurt....:D