1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What caliber for Bison?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 14, 2017.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

People thinking that a heart shot is the end-all-killed-instantly shot is so damn rediculous. The central nervous system is still intact and there is enough oxygen in the muscles and brain that a heart shot will still take a short period of time till the body and brain actually shut down.

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Raaaawrrrr!!! Nothing can drop a heart shot!!

l..jpg It lives off sheer will,and the adrenaline stored up in its horns!!!!:dead::crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I can think of a few beeb members that could fall into that category.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

A good, hard hitting round to the front shoulder will do it. Slightly quartering to you, aim for the heart, through the shoulder can drop them. Problem is, you can ruin a lot of the meat in that quarter. A good double lung is about as good as heart shot.

5. He's got his wiener tucked in sending lotion down to the hole.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. That's an easy answer-because I can. I think all those vegetables are making your body too alkaline and stop eating all my foods food.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Double lung and you will guaranteed have some tracking to do!

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Most of my deer have been double lunged and usually 30-40 yards. Some longer, but not usually. 75 yards top.

9. Never had more than a couple hundred yards even with a crappy double lung hit.

10. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I never really got to take a human apart after shooting them, so it was all new to me. The science is all there, you just don't appreciate it sometimes until you have to track down the kill. I've talked to a few hunters that always go for the head/neck to shut the server down.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

13. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

So, what is the preferred caliber for groomsmen?

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

12oz.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Shot a 10 pointer at 20 yards with a 30-06. Thought I missed him as he ran about 30 yards, head butted a tree and knocked himself out! I got out of my tree stand and thought I'd get him before he recovered. He was dead. Upon dressing him I found a golf ball size chunk of heart muscle was completely blown out. So, yeah, a heart shot does not mean an instant kill.

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ask cortez' step son how HE would kill them...

too soon?

had to lay the animals down to keep them from crashing the ecosystem...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    auminer likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Referencing a 5yo? Yeah, about 11 years.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Goin' after the wrong animals. It's the Humans that are the threat. :D

19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I think that's what he was getting at. Anyway, unfortunately, yes, we are part of the problem. Our invasion upon widlife and habitat creates problems. But then if we sit back and watch a population become overgrown and watch disease and starvation take place, that would be kind of pathetic and irresponsible, right?

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's ironic. We kill coyotes and deer populations explode. Now we have to kill deer to keep them from starving. But if we don't kill the coyotes, they might eat our little Fifi. :rolleyes:
    Fuck the little yappers, they're not yard dogs. Put 'em in the basement where they can keep the rats in check, not outside disturbing the peace.
    We're so ass-backwards in our attempts to control nature that we really are the problem.
    We should try to get along with nature instead of thinking we can enslave it. Nature has a way of keeping things in check, we have a way of getting in the way. Nature always wins. We haven't learned a thing.

Sweatypants likes this.