1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica rides for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 17, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It seems like there are way more deserving riders than there are good rides. Does Toni stay here and defend his title? Does Graves force out Hayes in order to bring up Gerloff? Does JD Beach stay and dominate Supersort or does he jump ship for a Superbike ride?

What about manufacturers? Is there any chance of seeing more factory support?

2. Elias to WSBK, his seat taken by HWSNBN.

3. I just can't wrap my head around Hayes being "forced out". I don't give a shit who is waiting on that seat. As long as Hayes is competitive, and has the desire, that seat should be his until he decides to leave it, IMO.

He has done way too much good for that team, those sponsors, and Yamaha. He helped sell a metric asston of R1's for years, when it was a frozen turd. It was by far the weakest, heaviest, slowest turning piece of shit off the showroom floor with a frame like a wet noodle...but he made that bike look like a weapon...and advertised/promoted the shit out of it.

MELK-MAN, cav115 and 418 like this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Elias going to WSBK would leave a Yosh spot open for Hayes...he started at Suzuki...maybe he finishes at Suzuki.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Elias stays here.

6. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yeah Elias is not going anywhere. He will be here until he retires I believe. Has said many times he loves being here in America and is working on setting up things for after racing.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think Hayden to WSB, Elias stays put, Gerloff to Factory Yamaha SBK, Beach w/ Yamaha contract to partner Scholz at Westby and Hayes back to Honda to partner with Gagne since he has a Yamaha contract, Honda could get him cheaper as Yamaha has to pay him off. M4 has Debise and Lewis on the M4 Ecstar GSXR1000 and Nick McFadden on the 600. I think Benny Solis moves up to a CBR1000 with his own team and Honda help since the 600 just can't hang with the R6, no matter who is riding it and next years rules package won't help it at all.
    The other Yosh seat goes to:

Kyle Wyman

Gino230 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Elias isn't leaving

Hayes will stay at graves until he decides to leave but I'm not sure that won't be this year

Nobody from here is going to wsbk so everything will stay pretty much as is ........ as usual

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The real question is.. Is Kawasaki going to bring some support next year? Two factory seats would be awesome.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think this thread will will make every team owner/manager roll their eyes and wonder why they do what they do if they read it by middle of page two.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The more snippets of videos and interviews you see with Elias the more you think the only way he's leaving the US is if gets thrown out.

Dude waves the US flag more than a drunk redneck at football game.

GSmann, Newyork, ungwaha and 10 others like this.
  12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Elias stays
    Hayes to r and d Yamaha only
    Garrett to superbike
    Rodger stays
    Gange and Solis teammates
    Fong fending for himself
    Kawi stays out
    Beach if he moves anywhere it'll be to a stocker 1000
    If not graves has 1 600 team
    Still zero support from factory Honda
    Same shitty no tv coverage.

MachineR1 and grasshopper like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In what parallel universe do you reside? There is pretty damn great TV coverage. :confused:

mike574, Wingnut, minman26 and 2 others like this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Not if you can't get beIN in you part of town and your cable provider will not add it. Great coverage. I don't see it. Didn't ama use to be on espn?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They were on speed for a million years. Coverage was okay.

16. He loves it here and will stay put. I let him drive my jeep one night at road Atlanta (we hit a small trail about 45 min away). He looked down when adjusting the seat where I have a holster mounted. He said "this country is very much fun". Only disappointing thing is he didn't leave me sunglasses.

Newyork, 03RumbleBee, hotnail and 2 others like this.
  17. Get it online or via an app.

stk0308, tsflstb and condon66 like this.
  18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

One reason Elias would like to leave is...erm.... That's right, no reason for him to leave from what seems to be a successful "partnership"

19. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

slingtv sports pack. I paid $79 for a year. I get to watch MotoGP, WSBK and MotoAmerica for that price. But I guess MotoGP is shitty and has no coverage either because its not on espn.

stk0308, 03RumbleBee, scottn and 5 others like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It'll really come down to offers and money. Maybe Suzuki sends him to WSBK with a nice pay packet?

Who knows.