1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida friends: Inverter generator needed ASAP 5kw+ Rent or buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Sep 14, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Been working all day trying to put mom and dads house back together in Isles of Capri and ran into a problem with one of the generators I brought.

The DC rectifier in their Mitsubishi air-conditioning system doesn't like dirty power. I need something that produces a true 180° sine wave, like a Honda or Yamaha inverter.

Obviously generators are sold out everywhere, but I'm hoping someone may know where I can get a higher end one quickly.

I really need to dry this house out quickly if there's any hope of saving some of the contents. I'll drive as far as I have to.

Cell is 920-819-4473. Thanks guys.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Any stores nearby that sell battery backups? That are open?

3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Amazon?

4. omatter34

If you want to see what you can find around Tampa, I will probably be there in the next couple of days and could bring it down.

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

6. omatter34

Shit...I may consider selling my Yamaha eu6300 Yamaha if early next week would work. I need it this weekend or I would sell sooner. Will definitely be in Naples Monday, so could deliver it too.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I could try Amazon but the roads are all blocked here and we've been driving across lawns to get to the house. Not sure we'll have any luck with delivery.

@omatter34 thanks man. I'm going to try to get something today or tomorrow but if I fail I'll let you know.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

JBraun, fans would be better than nothing and would start the process until you can get a generator. The battery backup will smooth out a dirty current if you can find one.

9. omatter34

Let me know. I have no problem driving across yards. I may be in Naples as early as tomorrow if you can find anything in the Tampa area. Craiglist, etc I'll buy it if needed and deliver and you can pay me when I get there.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Desiccants can be your friend too.

11. omatter34

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Ahhh. Didn't get what you meant the first time. The problem is it's 220, but I could take two of them apart and try that.

I found an eu7000 in Tampa, but it's the last one and they don't want to hold it. May have to call back and plead my case.

13. omatter34

I texted the one I linked. It's available and has 1085 hours on it. I can be reached at 352-502-5928 if I can be of any help. Where is the 7000 in Tampa?

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I brought a bunch of fans so we're moving air and have some dehumidifiers running. The AC actually works, but cycles off on an input voltage fault.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Can you pay for it over the phone?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Call around Orlando I'm sure a lot of people panic bought them and didn't need them. Should be some returns.

17. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

A little off topic but why would a DC rectifier care about the quality of the AC input?
    Can you install a power conditioner on the front of the device itself as a quick and dirty solution?

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Even worse, the idea that an inverter produces a smoother sine wave than an actual mechanical generator, who started that silliness? (Verizon in some central offices has DC motors off their battery banks that turn generators to produce AC where required rather than use inverters because of the cleaner output.)

19. ROSS08

ROSS08 Active Member

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Found one in Ft Myers, heading there first thing in the morning.