1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What caliber for Bison?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"...hunters will have to be able to hike at least 8 miles a day, carry a 60-pound pack, and hit a paper plate from 200 yards away five times".

Hunters wanted for Bison Cull.

Quick question, will I be required to tote that thing out of there? Will a front end loader be provided? 30-06 be sufficient?

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Where's Buffalo Bill when you need him!

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dead

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've never personally done it, but a 30-06 should be fine.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

50 cal black powder. Be a man.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Obviously, it should be a .50-90 Sharps for historical accuracy.

B. Myers, Dragginass and Steeltoe like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Better kill it with the first shot, second at worst 'cause if you just wing it and piss it off those things with stomp you, buttf@ck you, piss on you and then stomp you again.

and the worst part is they won't kill you. Nope, they'll just leave you f@cked up and as you hobble around for years after everyone will be talking about "see that guy, he got buttf@cked by a Bison."

5axis, Orvis, Andymax and 4 others like this.
  8. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

7 mm mag good scope , done

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Let's do the math. You live in Floriduh and grew up in the pool house with your cousin. I'm guessing you can handle the hiking given your excessive dancing. But ... given the assumed lack of skill with a firearm, I'm gonna say BIG for all the same reasons Dave listed. :D

ToofPic and Steeltoe like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I grew up on a dirt road in NC. While you and your candy ass school chumps were playing twiddly winks and hop scotch I was out hunting and fishing and I'm pretty sure I could dress you out and tan your hide for another lampshade kid. :D

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Pfft. You're taking to a born/bred northwoods WI kid. I was out hunting/fishing while you were busy learning crayola topography and moon shining while trying to figure out your "move". Bring it. :Poke:

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

As long as it's not a dance off.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and you had to walk 5 miles each way to school, right?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

School? 6 miles...to the factory.

15. Slinky001

Slinky001 Well-Known Member

16. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

What did Kevin Costner use in Dances with Wolves?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You had a factory? Lucky! I had 7 miles each way, barefoot to work in a coalmine.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Real men sneak up behind them, jump on their back and stab them in the throat with a pencil.

cav115, badmoon692008 and dtalbott like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boy, why are you in this conversation? Me and Funk were in the backwoods and you were in penny loafers and sweater vests. Have you ever even caught a crayfish?

It wasn't five miles. It was only a quarter mile walk to the end of the dirt road to wait for the bus. Then 40 minutes to school. How bout you city boy?

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A real man would jump on its back and jam his finger in it's ass to really piss it the f@ck off before you beat it to death with his penis.

As for you, Carlton, the hardest day in your life as a kid was when you had to wear unpolished tap dance shoes to your dance recital.