1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple Crown at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, Sep 13, 2017.

1. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

1) Who's going?
    2.) Where ya pitted?
    3.) Where can we pitt?
    4.) Who's bringing the food?

The last is the truly important question.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'll be there! They usually assign pit spots with MA, not sure if the same will hold true for the Triple Crown

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  3. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

1) We are.
    2) wherever they tell us to.
    3) see #2
    4) Always do.

See previous triple crown thread for more.

Shenanigans and obcbr like this.
  4. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Probably won't have room on the wall for us to have a assigned spot. At the last two races they've parked us together in a group.

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Send it!!

cajun636 likes this.
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

If someone can or wants to put with me on the way they can. It's just me and I've condensed my tool box down to what I know I need

7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I'm hearing we have no power. If you have a generator, bring it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Power spots are all claimed and taken so yep. It's a big event.

9. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Wish we would have been told we need to reserve power or buy a generator before hand.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, thought everyone had guessed that. Like I said, big event. We'll be out of power for the GNF too...

11. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I've never had issues with power at any WERA event, or TD, especially at Barber, where hundreds of people show up. If I knew I needed to reserve power then I would have done do. If i knew I needed a generator then I would have made accommodations to either only power my warners and get a hotel, saving money not dragging a 20 ft trailer, or not registered. 1 $300 race is quickly adding up with unnecessary costs.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry it's being an issue. We have run out of available power at our events. This is a big one with lots of larger rigs - so you can't plug 6 people into each power pole. I never thought to warn people because I honestly didn't expect anyone who needed power to not have a genset.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You have some merit to your argument because Barber is known to have a lot of power, but on the other hand, if you've been riding long enough to be eligible to run in the Triple Crown, it's kind of expected you have the racer basics...a generator being one of those key items.

tawzx12r likes this.
  14. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Scott Bowen is going to allow me to use a spot on his generator.

15. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

lol ... at that level you should have a generator ready even if you do have a reserved hook up. It's Pro racing man.

16. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

pretty sure he is running the triple crown, which technically is more of a WERA expert race than a "pro" race.

17. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Eh... it's closer to a pro event than the typical club event. Even for us privateer class guys.

18. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

correct, but it still isn't pro..

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad it'll work out.

20. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

It was worked out