1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

OK, I'll throw it out there, cuz it sounds like Florida and maybe southern GA is gonna be FUBAR on the track I just saw - anybody need a place to go to get away from FL while the hurricane comes through? I have room in Nashville for a couple of days. Spare bedroom w/ king bed and a sleeper couch if someone in the WERA family needs it. Pets too.

j cal, PATBAROK and Lavana like this.
  2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

No trees but still has cell phone service?

Wife's grandparents live in Ft. Myers. I know they were getting them moved further north but her grandma is pretty fragile and doesn't ride in cars to well. Haven't heard the latest since I'm still on the west coast.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Looks like the eye will go right over my house.. see you all on the other side

[​IMG]

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Get video!

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is it too late for a roadtrip to Maryland/Delaware?

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

So, yeah, this should be fun. Still, I have some water (frozen), plenty of pop tarts and a giant can of peaches. Lets get this over with :D

Murcielago311 and j cal like this.
  7. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

This place is looking like a ghost town. Jensen Beach and Sewalls Point will start getting locked down Saturday morning.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dude, you are getting the hell out of there, right? Get some of those $99 Jet blue flights and I will pick you up in Long Beach, you and your family can crash at our house.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what the surge is. Staying on a 140' boat with no props on it out of the water. I'm by myself, everyone left. It will be a shitshow if the water comes up. Drop the anchor in a parking lot??

j cal, baconologist and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Homestead? I'm heading there in a couple days.

11. Captain Morgan

Why? Track day is canceled. No reason to come to South Florida

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Not very promising for us if it trends like that, these old oaks.. So so glad I got that one gone that was over our house. Still has two full days to get here, fingers crossed.

13. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Going to fix shit.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

thought this was interesting.. and kinda makes a lot of sense, from our local Tampa Bay news center. (hence reference to Gulf and Bay)

From Fox 13's Paul Dellegatto:

"I am getting a lot of questions asking about when we should evacuate. You only evacuate to escape storm surge flooding from the Gulf and Bay. It is why we have evacuation zones near the Gulf and Bay. You do not evacuate from the wind unless you live in a mobile home. Water is the killer. Wind is not. You run from water. You hide from wind. We can not evacuate the state based on the fact there may be strong winds. Given the options you would be better off riding out a storm in a well built home, out of an evacuation zone, then trying to drive up I-75 to a motel in Valdosta. You do not want to become part of the caravan driving up I-75. Trust me. It is a miserable option. You should continue your hurricane plan and stay with us for updates on Irma's track!"

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You ain't got a hair on your ass, if you don't ride the eye up the coast!

V5 Racer and Joe Lopez like this.
  16. Captain Morgan

Ok, stay safe, best of luck to you

burnham likes this.
  17. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I'm in south Florida. Good luck to everyone stay safe.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hmmm, I wonder how that would apply to my friend. She lives in a high rise in Miami. I'm guessing its going to flood, but she's up quite a few stories so up there its only wind that'll be bothersome?

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

John tune airport is getting full with planes. Just got another call to go pick up more people tomorrow in Miami but I've got to go to New Mexico tomorrow :(

A charter company or airline could get some mega press by sending a couple planes down to gather as many people as possible.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Lawn Dart likes this.
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The news said Delta was adding 2000 ftls to FL for evac.