1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honeymoon/1st vacation recommandations

Discussion in 'General' started by Olympus Racing, Aug 4, 2017.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For the mack daddy rooms, you'll spend about $1k....per night.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't say impossible, just hard :D

3. Challenge = accepted :) hardest parts going to be sneaking it on the ship.

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Sure. But that's going to be true most anywhere. I was there a week in a decent room and it was around 3k or so.

5. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

Just did a week in Ireland a few months back and the total trip was about $2200ish, that's for airfare, hotel, tours, and insurance. We went true Travelocity because they were the cheapest. When we went to England last Aug we went thru gate one travel and it was about $3000 for 6 nights. If you shop around there's deals to be had, just be sure to clear your history and cookies because I heard other travel agency's can adjust prices based off of what you just looked at (not sure if it's true).

When I was looking at gate one a few weeks back they had trips to Rome for $600ish a person for 4 nights including hotel/airfare.

6. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

So we just came back and all I can say is WOW
    Dominican Republic is where its at! We had an absolute blast!
    The resort was great, beautiful, clean. The staff polite and super helpful (majority speaks as much English as I do Spanish aka not at all). I got cool with some of the employees and we were able to leave the resort, see the real country, eat real dominican food, drink real dominican alcohol and stayed at his family's cookout for a bit. Tipping takes you a long way there, couple of singles to the bartender and you get premium alcohol that for other is unavailable. tip the cleaning crew and you will receive pleasant surprises. It was worth every penny to get there and now that i am doing my research it would be almost half price if booked in advance and use some promo codes/groupon.
    MUST GO DESTINATION in my opinion. Found some super cheap packages on groupon that I am currently researching. One week in the DR can be cheaper than one week at the cape and the cape is complete trash as far as food and beaches. We will most likely go again in January and then again some other time.
    Thank you to all who gave suggestions and tips. Mexico is also on the list but it will be tough to not go back to DR.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Which resort did you stay at? I need to start looking at a big vaca for the wife and I to let her decompress after this latest baby...

8. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

Bahia Princepe Blue (adult only). But several others within the resort are for families too.

9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This isn't the half of it, dude - they're despicable moral characters. One website actively searches for signs of people who are manic depressive (it's really scary how much data is collected on all of us) and gives out super discounted Vegas vacation packages to those specific people.