1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Terrain looks a LOT like where I ride every week here in WV. I've always thought Western NC / TN would be super cool dirtbike zone. But I know it's nothing like WV in that the land isn't accessible to just anyone. Here, we treat (literally) thousands of acres like it's our back yard. We are extremely lucky that way bc the land is owned by timber / gas companies that don't give two hoots about 10 guys cutting deer trail wherever we feel like going. If you want to see it, hit my youtube page (slickwv). I don't make any $ from youtube or anything, I just thought you'd like to see our stuff. It's a BLAST! If you find yourself in these parts, I can take you around.

2. Neat stuff.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I fixed it and then messed with you :crackup:

4. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

:confused: Shoulda known. I expect nothing less here lol :blart:

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

That ride looks like a ton of fun.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

If you are in the area or even considering a trip make sure you take up slick on his offer. A buddy and I went up and rode around with him for a day or two (about the most we could take) and had a great time. well I did. not quite so sure of my buddy. He's a second gear kinda trail rider. If you like first gear tight stuff, hit it up. Don't bother with the Hatfield trails just go ride with slick.

just don't know up like we did with a knife at a gun fight. A butter knife at that. We both had 450's with worn out tires. They were all sporting two strokes with trials tires (ok there was one fellow with knobbies, but he also had carbide studs on the outer knobs). should have known better. But the riding is stupid fun.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

here is the base for my snowbike. new left over 2015 wr450f (purchased from Honda east of Toledo, THANK YOU EDDIE KRAFT), I added black wheels, gytr competition ecu (and tuner), and throttle stop screw, new Dunlop geomax at81's, wired for high, low headlamp beams, brake light (through the factory led lamp), wired for horn, added mirror (to make street legal here in mich. fmf slip on (gytr), cycra barkbusters, thermobob (thermostat for winter temp management), gytr radiator braces, yamaha hour meter, dyno tuned (45 hp at wheel on conservative dyno), cannon racecraft heavy front springs, and revalved forks (required for the snowbike application), rear shock revalve, and sprung for weight (to match the stiffer front for the snowbike duty), custom graphics, number plates from decal works, complete with Polaris/timbersled logos.

gotta break it in, needs 17" supermoto wheels, and big front brake, for some hooligan fun.. and I am patiently waiting for the new timbersled aro snowbike kit to come. (NOT)!

wont be long, and it will look like the wife's kit we built last winter. Ski

wr450 donesm.jpg

Wheel Bearing, pscook and inpayne like this.
  8. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Your truck could use a good waxing bro...

:beer:

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

it's the "beater" has been rolled over (by our kid) but, drives well. with that, you don't mind scratching it when loading wood, stones, dirt, bikes, ect... big plus is... it is low to the ground, I can step right into the bed when loading bikes with a ramp. no drama.

Ducti89 and terminus est like this.
  10. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Just funnin ya. I hear what you're saying, I kind of miss my shitty Dodge Ram for that reason. Scratches and dings didn't bother me, now with my new 4Runner a spec of dust lands on my hood and I freak out.

skidooboy likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

12. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Damn that would be a sick ride. If I wasn't on the other side of the country I would have to ride that.

13. Used2Bfast 2

A bud climbing last Sun up a steep rocky wet muddy section of the infamous Squally route. Almost to the highest point of Cherohala Skyway at this point. Typical stuff for the entire days ride. Also been raining for a week, plus earlier this same day.

14. Used2Bfast 2

One of many creek crossings. Bike is running tubliss and a Rekcluse auto clutch fwiw.

15. Used2Bfast 2

From my remote solo ride today

IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5867.JPG IMG_5866.JPG IMG_5868.JPG

16. Used2Bfast 2

IMG_6783.JPG IMG_6784.JPG IMG_6782.JPG IMG_6781.JPG Did a Graham Jarvis ride along last Sunday. We're old friends now. Well, not really.

17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

18. Used2Bfast 2

Not a fan. Besides I've already broken my neck twice. So I got that out of the way. ;)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Our crew was riding there last Saturday and Sunday with Watts and company. Your spot is epic man, our group rides and races everywhere on the east coast, where you ride is some of the best technical riding bar none. A true test of man, machine and technique, we'll be back soon.:beer:

20. Used2Bfast 2

A secret trail in the Squally area on the nc tn line.