1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The problem with today's colleges and kids...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Aug 1, 2017.

1. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

In school now, Mechnical Engineering Bachelors, two semesters left (so close to being done!) .Never seen a syllabus like the one posted, most of the ones I see are pretty hard core: cheat, you're done, miss a test you're done, f*ck off and not do your work, you are done. I have to say most of the younger/ millennial kids in the engineering program put their time in, work hard and try to learn. Yeah they cry a bit but for the most part they do their work. The ones that do not, man oh man they fail sooo miserably and drop out.

There was one day around midterms the Thermal System Design Professor who was also the ME Department Head and honestly a really nice guy, gave us the option of the midterm being on a Tuesday or Thursday. A Snowflake raised her little emo tattooed hand, "but but but ....I have 2 midterms on both of those days.......why not wednesday??? (cry)".

Professor just stood there in awe.. like ..what the f*ck..just a priceless look, the class got quiet.. he looked her straight in the eye, dead pan voice.." well,..... tough shit.. that is life and it's not all about you". Yeah, snowflake did not make it and dropped the class.

Mike

rafa, Funkm05, R Acree and 1 other person like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He was nicer than the professors I had. In ancient times, she wouldn't have gotten the courtesy of an answer...then again, most professors wouldn't have offered an option.

turtlecreek likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why, we had to walk uphill through snow both ways just going to the men's room.
    And there wasn't any damn women's room because there wasn't any damn wimmin, dammit!

Orvis likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pfff...we didn't have much snow in Raleigh. The humidity was so thick it was like walking through snow uphill both ways though.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The pollen in 2008 was kind of like a blizard...

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

But you are working an extra 5 hours a week , just to avoid some traffic . :Poke::D

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:D The '66 Mustang I had in HS was pollen yellow. Quite handy for Raleigh in the springtime if you hate washing cars.

8. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

That's because changing the schedules that were carved into stone with a chisel was hard to do.... :)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I saw this yesterday and hadn't seen it here, but is relevant.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Punch cards did require a bit more effort than GUI.

11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

"working"

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

result of parents wanting to be friends with their kids and not being parents

13. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Ha. When I started at GT, they had Punch cards being used in the labs. I didn't study/use them, but I saw them. I was really advanced...Fortran. :)

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Last class to use them so they not want fix the punchers. End of the quarter we were down to one working puncher for everyone

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm going to throw the BS flag if you tell us you did all this uphill walking with no shoes. :)

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What are shoes? :confused: