1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Sent my .380 bodyguard back after it hopelessly jammed with a casing stuck in it. I had to take it to a S&W approved gunsmith who said "that gun is a lemon". I did get to put 5 rounds through it before that happened. Been gone two months now.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Note to self, don't buy S&W....

Lawn Dart likes this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Just ordered a s&w shield. They are too cheap to pass up and excellent little pistols

Lawn Dart likes this.
  4. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Didn't know to even look for it but my sig p320 did not come with casings. Bought in tn for reference.

6. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Sounds you might have gotten a demo gun. It was sold to you as "new" because it technically never had an owner previous to you.
    This happens and it's shitty. Manufacturers clear out demo guns from shows, events and loaners from shooting competitions and sell off the units to wholesalers who move them with major discounts.
    Sucks, and there's no way to confirm this. Next time you open it up in front of the sales rep or manager of the store, take pics and refuse it. Tell them you want another one. If they refuse, then you call the manufacturer and offer to send photos. They tend to backpeddle pretty quickly.
    One way to tell in modern pistols is to remove the barrel and shine a bright light down it. If there's residue and anything reddish in the ramp and breech area and even in the rifling grooves then rusting has already started.

Or, get a bigger discount and ask them for a complimentary cleaning kit.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I have located a range that will allow shooting a long weapon. I'm interested in a Ruger AR 556. Is there any other comparable weapon in the price range that I should consider? I know there are dealers on this forum.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

8. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

I got a:

Sig Legion p226
    Sig extreme p229
    Sig p938
    Sig p320c
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Glock 42
    Glock 43

And a couple AR15s

I had a gun phase for a bit a couple years ago.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What kind of shooting do you want to do? Plinking? An AR would be great, but before you go buying 5.56 surplus ammo, if it is an indoor range, if they have rules against certain ammo that will blow right thru their backstops.

10. speedluvn

Im not exactly sure I'm fast enough to respond to you, but . . . pics of your ARs? Calibers? PM me your asking prices.

11. speedluvn

Plinking and eventually to see what type of tack driving I could accomplish with the weapon. As far as I they have a .308 night so Im expecting the .556/.223 won't be an issue.
    I will confirm the above before a purchase is made.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The cartridge doesn't seem to be a deciding factor, but more bullet type(steel cased 5.56) and really fast cartridges. I know I can't take my 22-250 to the indoor range.

13. speedluvn

Ill definitely look into it. A consistent place to shoot the weapon is the primary reason for the pending gun purchase.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Buddy just picked up a sig AR. Now I've got the sickness for one. Now just gotta get my pennies in a row.

15. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

They aren't for sale?

16. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

You can't shoot guns in your back yard? In Kentucky everyone has a gun

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How many mags, holsters and rounds of ammo? How many rounds per?

18. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

Couple mags each gun besides the ar15 mags, I've probably got 20 ar15 30 round mags loaded, no holsters, probably 2000 rounds of 9mm, maybe 500 rounds of 380 and 1000-1200 rounds of 556. Nothing crazy

19. speedluvn

I could too but I'm pretty sure I'd be violating some sort of county ordinance :blart:. Just about everyone in Baltimore has at least one gun and da' ain't for four legged critters either. :rock:

20. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

It would be called unlawful discharge of a firearm. And you need to be careful that whatever you're getting fits current Commie Maryland laws. Be careful too with laws on storage of the firearm in your home and transport in your car. Won't hurt to brush up on your self defense laws too for MD.

Which is ironic considering the laws keep getting tighter but the "Weekend where nobody kills nobody" was a bust.