1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brutal hit and run

Discussion in 'General' started by river rat, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where was this?

2. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

Not sure. I was hoping someone else would have some info.

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

This crap is what gives bikers a bad name. Interesting though the guy that posted it probably thinking he was going to get sympathy. Most of the comments are not kind toward the biker

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

While trying to find where that crash happened, I found this crash.
    From the Gofundme page:

On the morning of July 16th Leslie Elliott (Ruthless Hatter) passed away in a motorcycle accident at the age of 28. He died doing what he loved, surrounded by the people he loved doing it with. Hatter had a passion for motorcyles, but more than that he had a love for the motorcycle community. His famous line was always "bikes build bonds" and he lived that belief to the fullest. If your bike broke down 100 miles away, Hatter would ask for directions to pick you up. If he had a part you needed to complete your project, he would bring it to you at 2am. Hatter lived the bike life until the very end. A veteran of the US Army who proudly served his country in Afghanistan.

All proceeds will go directly to Leslie's (Hatter) family and will be used to help offset the financial burdens of this tragic and unexpected loss. Even if you are not able to donate, please say a prayer for Hatter's family and friends as they deal with this devastating loss. Please share this with your friends and family.

Here's the news article on the "motorcycle accident".

5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I have no sympathy for the guy. Even if he had a legitimate reason to be angry, passing a car to brake check it is a wise thing to do? What did he think would happen?

6. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Idiots. The Caddy does look like it brake checks the guys in the opening moments of the video. You can hear tires screeching, the car slows at a quick rate and the brake lights look like they go off and then the biker goes zipping by.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Bike 1 goes around Caddy, and then slows (brake checks?) Caddy who make contact (incidentally it appears), then takes off (probably fearing for their safety - we don't know what transpired before that) dragging the guy apparently. The Bike 2 takes off for the Caddy who slows down, which releases Rider 1 from Caddy, and Bike 2 hits his brakes and goes down (could've been some liquid from car also).

8. rdracer134

rdracer134 Well-Known Member

sounds like dallas to me
    they said they were on "I45 to I30 east to west"

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Like lots of y'all have already mentioned. Pack of bikers on hwy seemingly to be taking up lots of lanes..... very well likely may have initiated the whole dayum mess that ensued.

10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Ouch, yea, not a good choice to mess with. That's like stepping in the ring with a 600lb Mike Tyson. Protestors do the same, standing in the middle of a highway, no fucking way would I ever stand in front of a vehicle, hell we don't even when we work on them if the engine is on. We are always taught to stand to the side. What these guys are going to accomplish is nothing positive for them.

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

That was not pretty...

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The news report (above) is from a Riverside, CA publication.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, but it sounds like it is a different accident. Time of day and other things in the article so it can't be what we see in this vid.

Focker likes this.
  14. rdracer134

rdracer134 Well-Known Member

It IS Dallas.
    at 17 sec you can see the street signs.
    Check out Google Maps. Shows exit 284A I45 north bound

TLR67 likes this.
  15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep, you're right.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Confirm it's Dallas. The building in the background lit up in green, Reunion Tower lit up yellow, I-45NB to I30EB exit.

Not my area of town, per se, but I recognize it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. He could easily say he felt threatened. Guess it all depends what he did after he left the scene.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If a bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts cannot generate any sympathy here, imagine what the general public thinks. Get ready for laws restricting the size of any group ride in the name of public safety.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

This must be a different accident. This article says that Leslie guy died in Califonia.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/07/16/dangerous-motorcycle-freeway-stunts/

20. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Good luck enforcing that!