1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Mods

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Jul 24, 2017.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Dunno how much the bungie would hold them, but I would imagine any bouncing in the trailer would let the stand rotate (or bounce off). I would think arms further apart would be better.

3. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Those would probably work fine (the one you designated for the rear stand looks deep enough, but not sure if the same can be said for the one for the front), assuming you had a stout bungee (that wouldn't loose its elasticity over time -- is there such a thing?) running across and pulling downward against the hook. I assume you intend to mount the stands with the "prongs" hanging low (like the ones in the Instagram link you provided), right? For me, however, I wanted the prongs as high to the ceiling as I could get them. I'm constantly moving stuff in and out of the trailer and using it as a makeshift garage all year long. I wanted room to maneuver around inside without getting ripped/smacked/poked by those prongs. As it is, I have foam sleeves I slip over the ends of the prongs (not pictured) so I don't take out an eye.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I did this on my barn doors for the stands. It works great with the aluminum LP stands. The cheap Trackside and heavy Pitbull stands, not so much.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Makes sense. My stands will always be used on the bikes or hug during transport. I like the idea of mounting upside down, but a hook and bungee would make things simple and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

is there a place that sells etrack kits or packs of etrack accessories? looking for some hooks, rings, straps, etc.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

thanks. i've been looking on Amazon and Pit Posse. Wasnt sure if there was a place that sold a "trailer eTrack kit" with accessories.

10. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

11. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Fuel can rack is handy to have. The one we use is simple homemade one, basically just a square-C shaped bar on hooks, it lays flat against the wall when empty. When you rotate it up to being parallel with the floor you can slide two fuel jugs down into it and it holds them securely without needing anything underneath. It won't capture spills but it's a lot less bulky when not being used than the ones that sit like a box on the floor.

r6boater likes this.
  12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

PitBull TRS kits installed last night. Pit Posse tire shelf going in today/tomorrow.
    still not sure what to do with the stands. debating on hanging upside down or right side up. Get the pitbull kits, hooks, or something with e-track.

what do you guys do to secure your toolboxes? i've got a 26" craftsman roller with a 5 draw box on top.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have the same box... I have 2 D Rings on the wall and I use a tie down and lock the wheels.... On a side note 2 weeks ago I finally Kool Sealed my roof of my 8.5 X 18... At Road Atlanta this weekend I noticed a big difference in the AC... My walls, floor and ceiling are insulated but not having the sun bear down on raw aluminum had to have cooled the temp inside by 8-10 degree's... Best $25 Bucks I ever spent...

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

that's strong enough? i fear of over tightening a ratchet strap and ripping the hook off the wall

ya mine is insulated with a roof AC/heat unit.

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LOL.... I actually did pull one off.... I re drilled it and moved it... No need to over tighten... I found out the hard way....

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh and don't use a ratchet.... Use a tie down....

18. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

So this thing has been a work in progress, still not done but figured I'd put up a couple pics. Started life has a plain 7x14 and has been turned into this. RenderedContent-6B6193DB-8114-46D8-A610-0E908C2C83EF.JPG RenderedContent-8A40EC7E-7986-40F2-8698-9F6D05A27B99.JPG

19. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

looks good, but i dont want all that tongue weight with the toolboxes all the way in the front like that. it's a great spot for it, but dont want that weight up front with my SUV pulling.

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

also, where do you guys put a (scooter) pitbike with two bikes in a 6x12?
    want to note that i'm not going to mount any wheel chocks or anything that can stick out of the floor.
    TRS kits dont count since the locking mechanism comes right out.