1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Austin, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Man... don't listen to Dave...

New Ecko button down, Fubu khakis, and some fresh Lugz... dress to impress. Its Texas, gotta show them you're ready to tuck heaters, but also stay classy. :beer:

Razr and Phl218 like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

lol!

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

overdressed beats under-dressed. so, what the others said!

4. Tuck heaters? It's Texas. I'm suppose to sling my AR over my back as an everyday open carry.

Sweatypants likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

praying for ya

6. Went to the mall and got pants, belt, socks and a tie from Brooks Brothers. They only had pink in my size shirt (16 neck 36/37 arms) so I went over to Hugo boss and got a nice well fitting shirt for way too much money. Brooks brothers shoes were nice but I couldn't pull the trigger on $450+ shoes so I went over to Macy's and got a pair of lace up Clarks and a couple v-neck white tees.

If I wasn't on such a time crunch I could of spent 50% less but I didn't really have a choice.

That gave me an anxiety attack. I hate spending money. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  7. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Dude Good Luck

Welcome to Tejas!! You'll love it.

hotnail likes this.
  8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Eat a damn sammich!

And good luck bro!

9. Alright so they're booking me a hotel downtown. I land 215 on Wednesday. One of the owners is picking me up on Thursday and our meeting is at 1030am. After that they've offered to let me borrow a car to check out Round Rock or any areas close to the office. So I've got some time and seems like some light transpiration. I'll get to downtown and wander around Wednesday afternoon and night so if anyone's around lets grab some BBQ!

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Will it be a yeller Ferrari? :D

11. Do I look like I went to a prominent university? I ain't no dits!

pscook likes this.
  12. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Thought about your post as my wife and I came down from central Texas for the weekend and actually are in round rock at this moment. If you want to live a little more rural but be close enough to town.....check out Saledo. It's just north of round rock.

Best of luck this weekend.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  13. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

So what did you think of Austin?

14. I'm flying out of Long Beach, CA on Wednesday morning. I'll report back then. Crashman offered to pick me up from the hotel and show me around Wednesday afternoon after I check in. The company paid for my accommodations and I booked a condo on 4th street in down town so I could be in walking distance to everything.

BigBird, Phl218 and caferace like this.
  15. Well, they extended me a job offer and I'm taking it. I'm going back to Austin in the next 10 days for 3 days to just do some "training" and get a feel for how they operate and I officially move end of August. Big thanks to @crashman for taking the time to come pick me up, drive me around to different areas to see where we would want to move and offering to help us however him and his wife can.

Side note: to say I was over dressed would be an understatement. Both owners were wearing jeans, nikes and short sleeve button ups. The guy I'm replacing was wearing boat shoes with no socks, a company polo and shorts. But they appreciated the effort. Not a single word or mention about my hands either. :D

BigBird, beac83, TurboBlew and 9 others like this.
  16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now you've got the job you can dress like them, this time it was good to put forth the effort, I'm sure it was noticed.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Congrats....maybe the effort with the nice clothes made a difference.

So....you're going to be a Texan!

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

did you leave the tags on and tucked them, so you can return it? :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ this!

i've often interviewed just the way i rolled in that morning. but if the interviewee would have looked like that - nope ...