1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about Austin, TX

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jul 21, 2017.

1. caferace

caferace No.

I used the light rail from Cedar Park often. It was great!

-jim

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I take back my prior statement, very minimal public transportation. The nearest station for me is Wells Branch, I might as well just drive downtown.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup, plus TMGP for the minis.

4. Well shit. I won't give that place any money after that idiot came on here. Looks like it's just track days if I move out there.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I spent last week in the Austin/San Antonio area (New Braunfels) my wife is there now, her Dad lives there. They have been bugging me about moving there for a couple years. I like the vibe around San Antonio, pretty laid back, slower pace than Austin or Dallas. I did venture to Austin a couple of times, just to look around, but spent more time around San Antonio. I can't believe how quickly the scenery turns to desert/tumbleweeds while leaving a city....but I liked that. It's so open.

My wife comes home tomorrow, my 20 year old daughter stayed, and is moving in with her grandparents in New Braunfels while going to school there. She got a part time job at the Gristmill.

I'm not sure about moving my business there. I'm a masonry/concrete contractor specializing in outdoor recreation areas....fireplaces, fire pits, pergolas, stamped concrete patios, outdoor kitchens. I know there's a huge building boom going on there, I'm sure I could find work. I'm not sure this 54 year old white boy can handle the heat!

6. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Moved to Texas from Ohio 2.5 years ago...other then missing family, friends, and the Mc racing community, we love it down here!

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Don't let the actions of a couple people ruin things for you. The CMRA has alot of really cool people and a few assholes just like every other organization.

8. Besides being utterly stubborn in my resolve I don't appreciate being called a cock sucker by one of the people who is a representative of that hunk of shit organization. So I won't be going there but I hear you.

People don't like Sean but I don't have any issues with him plus feel like he and WERA have the genuine best interest of the racers at heart. From their presence online I don't get that feeling. Maybe it'll change if I go down and hang out in the paddock for a day.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a lot of good people in the CMRA.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I wouldn't move to socal for a job and a girl 35 years ago, it's only gotten worse.

11. I'm sure and IF any of this does happen I'll go down and watch a few races. Get a general feel of the paddock before I give them any money. But I have a bad taste in my mouth at the moment.

And no it's not from being a cock sucker. :D

renegade17 and crashman like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've already commited to Texas.

13. Picked that up in a Georgia. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you're saying you like the taste... :Poke: :moon:

16. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

1st order of priority. Take Austin back, then Texas secedes

17. I know you had your heart set on key parties and I let you down. :oops:

pickled egg likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Dude. If that's your gig, and you're half-assed decent at it, and you show up reasonably sober and reasonably close to the time that you say you will be there, you can make $$$ hand over fist out here. Outdoor kitchens are THE must-have accoutrement for the modern dual income yuppie couple in urban Texas.

Stamped concrete circle drives out front to show off the (insert six-figure automobile here) are all the rage, too.

The heat ain't so bad once you get used to it.

19. caferace

caferace No.

A French word to describe yuppie pleasure in Cental Texas. How gauche.

-jim

auminer likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I thought it did have a certain Jenny Sequins. :p

caferace likes this.