1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know a good North Carolina DUI lawyer?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Jul 20, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

DWI, in NC is Driving While Impaired. Covers more than just alcohol I think.

2. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Got popped. Question is how many times driving drunk and didnt get caught. Stay home, get a cab, anything, I have have loved ones on the road. Stay off.

3. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

It was my son that stepped on his dick. Don't know if the ticket says DUI or DWI, I'm not there. It was alcohol. Just wondering if any of you knuckleheads had personal or friend of a friend experience with a lawyer in that area that handles such things.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

what did he blow?

5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Too much...

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I guess so..

NC only has DWI. It covers all impairing substances., Alcohol, prescribed drugs, illegal drugs, huffing, etc. DWI in NC is a two pronged law. The law reads .08 BAC or more. OR appreciably impaired. This means someone who blows under a .08 BAC can still be arrested for DWI if the officer has probable cause that the driver was impaired at the time of driving. So if you know anyone that is hammered off of 2 beers, this would apply to them. I've only seen it when the driver is on drugs and alcohol. In these cases, we have to draw blood. Also, for driver's under 21, any amount of alcohol is grounds for a dwi charge. Under 21, you can hook em up at .01 BAC.
    If he blew .15 BAC or higher and is found guilt he'll have to have an interlock device installed in his car.

Google "NCGS 20-138.1" to learn more.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably a dumb question but would non-prescription cold medicine show up in a blood test?

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If we had reason to believe that was the impairing substance, (say somebody shoveled down some OTC meds that make you drowsy), we could request they test for that substance.