1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I've heard bet welching is pretty popular.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How many tricks do you get for a grand? :Poke:

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The Cummins shows the boost when you scroll through all the shit on the dash, pretty sure it's the same on the Chevy/ GMC. I've seen mine show up to 50 psi when I step on it which was eye opening for me.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well that got interesting. Chad, such a meanie.

Anyway - I test drove the F250. It was pretty well worn and didn't really trip my trigger. However, I stumbled upon a brand new Ram 2500 Tradesman locally that has everything I want - 6.4, 4.10 gears, etc. dealer is advertising it for $34, but a guy I work with's dad is the sales manager and supposedly he can work deals. I always swore I would never buy brand new, but when 2 year old trucks with 30k are going for 30 grand...

5. 418

418 Expert #59

That was like a really angry fight.

I wonder if there was makeup sex?

Razr and speedluvn like this.
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I had makeup sex with myself if that counts.

bleacht likes this.
  8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Did you wear an extra small condom during said act?

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I painted the walls. :D

bleacht likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You'll never get the security deposit back now

11. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Not to interrupt the off topic discussion but thought I would chime back in on the original question concerning 2017 gas engined Fords.
    I've been playing around with mpg observations on a variety of trips. Best I've seen is 15.9 on extended Hiway using cruise control not towing set at 62 mph
    Worst was 9.2 pulling the trailer (22' enclosed) in traffic both Hiway and stop and go.
    The 2017 6.2 has more torque than the 2016 (on paper anyway) and is a pleasure to drive.
    But if I were pulling a 5000 lb 27 ft camper trailer a couple hundred miles each way every other weekend through any kind of mountains I might have opted for the new 6.7 diesel.
    In my situation though my truck is perfect.
    Oh let me say it again....it sounds awesome. Has anybody said that about their diesel yet? :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been saying that about the Power Strokes since they got the vanes in the turbo that change angle so the jet engine effect is fantastic - put a bigger downpipe and exhaust and they sound amazing.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

These trucks will go as slow as 62 on the highway?

Huh.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm amazed at what slowing down a little can do for gas mileage. Back when I used to drive my own car for work (2012 Hyundai Elantra) I'd regularly get 35-37mpg driving 75-80 everywhere I went. One time I got stuck behind some slow moving traffic on a two lane road and saw the mpg spike, so I drove that entire trip below 65, generally cruising at 60. Mileage jumped into the high 40's!

15. grady anderson

ONLY using cruise control
    and in the name of research
    Sunroof open, windows down.
    "Radio playing some forgotten song"
    :rock:

16. grady anderson

Truly an example of " Different Strokes for different folks" Power Strokes in this case.
    Punching my 6.2 gasser sounds more like a 5.0 Mustang than a truck.
    I gotta post a soundtrack.
    It will Make it clear why I have only gotten 15.9 once.

17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't give a single thought to what kind of mileage a 3/4 ton gets empty. Because if you bought a 3/4 ton and you're driving it around empty enough for that number to matter, you bought the wrong truck.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rented a Charger R/T a while back, the noise absolutely costs mileage :D

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I disagree. Hell, my dually had mostly unloaded miles on it because it was my daily driver, as have been most of my 3/4 tons over the last 20 years. I prefer the ride of 3/4 tons. I do have a 1/2 ton too, only for its better MPG as a daily driver.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck, I hate agreeing with Choad. :stupid:

If I want the ride of a car, I'll get in the fucking car. :D