1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roll call: Barber 7/1

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, Jun 8, 2017.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That sucks man.
    You're not the only one though from what I can tell.

2. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

The canopies in our pits ended up getting pretty f*ed up! :crackup:
    Dang, I was in my 6x12 trailer (no windows) and honestly thought I might be in trouble. All I could hear was crunching of stuff around me and my canopy was shaking my trailer in the wind.

3. Lazy Destroyer

I also got zapped pretty good right before then. The lightning was getting closer so I went to go unplug my power cord from the power pole. Right as I touched the metal power pole, lightning struck about on the Barber property. I mean I was barely touching it for a second, the timing was perfect. It was a good jolt!! Friggin hand hurt for the rest of the night.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It looked like it hit in those fields outside t2. I was about to go dump the water out of my canopy when that happened. I decided to wait a minute.

5. Lazy Destroyer

What's funny is I unplugged at the pole because I kinda thought it would be a bad idea to grab the other end of the extension cord nearly submerged with all that water. So much for trying to be safe LOL

6. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

I thought my canopy died. Luckily, I was able to revive it! Coming all the way from Texas, I was a little worried about the high rain chances. But I'm glad I didn't let the forecast scare me off. We got lucky both days. Gotta thank all the WERA folks for being so welcoming! We really enjoyed ourselves!

cajun636 and t11ravis like this.
  7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's what safety will get you.

Lazy Destroyer and Bobby_Evans like this.
  8. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

next time ask a friend. tire guys are usually grounded

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Good seeing you there man. See you and Lacy again soon bro

Gonzo523 likes this.
  10. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

Likewise, Cajun!

cajun636 likes this.
  11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

We survived pretty good. Our canopy was already bruised when we were at Gingerman a few weeks ago, but it held up and survived another go around. Glad we are sleeping in our trailer now instead of a tent...

12. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

had a great time. Thanks to all as usual to those that assisted. and thanks to the Wera officials staff and corner workers for all you do. I don't always get that wave in on the last lap at every corner but I'm workin on that. Happy 4th everyone