1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Father's Day

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Jun 18, 2017.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Though I don't have any children of my own, I know through so many comments I've read on here that many of you really take seriously being a good dad. Happy Father's Day to all you guys!

tiggen and Yokohama like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I got rocks

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I had a great Father's Day weekend! Friday night my son and I saw U2...his first stadium show. Then he calls me this afternoon and says he's up at a bar watching the U of L baseball game with friends, so I should come hang out. They bought me drinks all afternoon. Daughter is making Italian for dinner.

Life is good as a dad :D

L8RSK8R likes this.
  4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Got woken up with a kiss on the cheek and a "Happy Father's Day, dad." All I needed.

Happy Father's Day to all.

pickled egg likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Bet mine happened about 4 hrs before yours did. :D

Happy spunk depositor day, Putt. :beer:

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You too, buddy.

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

The card from my kids that they made and hand wrote about what they love about me is all I would ever need to keep me happy. 8yr olds still have a way to make me smile very day.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Lucky you.

My 5yr old told me her favorite place I take her to is the bar, and that I smell like doggies.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

#1: "...Thanks for always setting an example of generosity, hard work, and kindness; not to mention a desire to learn..."

#2: "...You are the best dad I've ever had..." :confused:

#3: "...You cheer me on and everything you do is to help me! I love you so much and I want to make sure you are feeling great today!"

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've been back in the hospital for 3 days hooked up to I.V. antibiotics, which gave me a world-class case of diarrhea, so not a great F Day. The only upside is I got the VIP suite all to myself.
    Over 300 square feet.
    But my kids are both healthy and employed, so things are okay.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A spacious hospital room is a positive? Man, that's looking at the glass half full if I've ever heard one. GWS Gramppy! :flag:

13. My wife took my daughter and myself out to an awesome lunch and then to the Lyons Air Museum. B-17 and A-26 up close and P&W radial engine on display. Plus a nicely restored Indian and Panther. It was a good day.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Anything that goes right these days is a positive.

RossK6 likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Rode my XR100 through a feild with my son sitting in front of me. Nothing else matters. :)