1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace Cafe USA

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Took a few pics. The Confederate is just amazing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NemesisR6 likes this.
  2. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

all of 'em....'cept London!!!! LOL

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I like that Triumph street tracker that's in the lobby.
    Didn't get a picture of it...

Cool place but needs some more motorcycle peeps...

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'toe, what's your ownership percentage? You're pushing that marketing abortion harder than a dude running a trackday.

caferace likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amazing all the bitching people on here do about other people enjoying riding on two wheels.

Scotty87 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Miserable people can't stand to see someone else having fun lol. :beer:

Scotty87 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, you're so simple that you laugh while farting in the bathtub.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I don't get it either Toe. Next time I'm in Orlando, I'll check it out. I loathe that town, but this'll at least make my required yearly convention visit a little more palatable.

cpettit likes this.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I've been to the Ace in London, but this one is a bit easier for me to ride to. To be honest, the original is a bit tourist-attraction-y itself.

Yes, food is only OK (and pricey), but hopefully it'll get better over time. Downtown Orlando isn't exactly a hang-out for me, and a crap place to get to on a bike. Daytona would have been a better spiritual location for such a place, but I get that they have to be somewhere that will keep such a huge place in business during the week. And that also means being hip enough to attract downtown hipsters. And not cheap.

The pictures of the building renovation (the cost of which delayed the opening) are frightening. I'm amazed they didn't abandon the location.

That said... A Dianese store in my area? A huge place right in the middle of downtown tourist central that celebrates motorcycles? And not just Harleys? Rock-n-roll and Rockabilly instead of crap pop? TT highlights instead of stick and ball on all the TVs? Cool bikes sitting everywhere?

Geeze, sure seems like a win to me. Not going to be a frequent destination as I'm not exactly next-door, but I will keep an eye on their calendar when they settle down for whatever themed meet-ups they might be having.

See you at the Ace!

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where in Orlando is this place?

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

13. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Our family had a reunion down in Orlando last week. My brothers and I stopped by the Ace Cafe and I have to say I was quite impressed. Brit food and ale, very well stocked Dainese/AGV store next door, pretty neat gift shop selling Ace tat and a very cool gallery upstairs. If you're an 'out-of-towner-from-the-sticks' like me, I think most gear heads would probably enjoy it.

It would seem that the developers are keen to make it a motorcycle/car gathering point - there was a pretty extensive meet calendar posted and it appears that there's soon to be a BMW dealership coming soon next door (Triumph missed the boat on that one....)

Pics below:

Attached Files:

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Actually, the local dealership that is going in that spot was a BMW/Ducati/Triumph dealership years ago when the deal was made. They have since dropped Triumph, so it will be BMW/Ducati (and whatever else they end up carrying). So, Triumph was part of the original plan.

Thistle likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They also have another section with an amphitheater set to open up. Been going there a couple times a week to see bands and for the car shows. July 4th show was massive.

But it sucks. Just ask the beeb lol.

upload_2017-7-26_11-6-50.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-26_11-7-6.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-26_11-7-24.jpeg

Thistle likes this.
  16. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Hey Toe, is that the old Firestone Building?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Firestone>O2 Church>Ace Cafe

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Better known as The Edge and later, 8 seconds. Maybe even the Orlando weekly newspaper if you're of a certain age...

Firestone was a few blocks away on Orange. I don't think they occupied this spot at least? Maybe briefly? Saw some great bands at the Edge! And some shitty ones :)

Anyway, crap ride to get there but its a killer spot. Good people, great bikes, awesome art work, worth a visit.

19. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

IMG_0579.JPG

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

It can't be that great if they allow the likes of you in.:D