1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Roll Call 5/6 - 5/7

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 1, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't miss your entries as much as I never believe the retirement speeches :D

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Nice words and all but I feel you just havent been the same since I went around the outside of you in T7. Your words are smooth and and heartfelt I am sure but I just cant get myself to believe I am the first racer you have composed for. I wish you the best but realize I may be the one who turned your heart in another direction. Good luck Mr. Kraft and if you ever feel like stepping back into the ring, bring a lunch, not a shake, a lunch. :crackup:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    JJJerry likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Is that a poem to? LOL

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

How's it going up there? Glad the weather turned out good for you guys.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Pretty chilly up there....they may have gotten some frost this morning.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chilly but going great so far. Rider count up 10%+, entries up 20%. Everyone having a good time :D

j cal, JJJerry, JBall and 2 others like this.
  7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I may have to try this racing thing again.

8. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Simon. As promised, changed my avitar just for you

JJJerry likes this.
  9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Weather was a bit chilly/windy, but dry and sunny! The CSS grid was quite large, the mock race had what, 8 new racers in it? Great opening weekend for us yankee's.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I showed up Sunday morning with a bike I thought was ready to go. Needle valve leaked fuel down into the rear cylinder and it was hydro locked. Pulled the rear carb and spark plug and blasted the fuel out of the cylinder. Didn't think to drain the crank case. Went out and the breather blew oil and gas all over the fucking place. Got flagged in and almost had a heart attack pushing the bike back up the hill to get back to my pit. Corner worker cracked my tail helping me push. Got back to my pit and burned up 3 cans of parts wash cleaning the bike off. Emptied the crank case and it was definitely filled with fuel. Cleaned the whole thing, check needle valves again, put new fresh oil in and she seemed to be running fine. With barely 1 lap of practice under my belt I was a bit behind the 8-ball on a cold Grattan Raceway. Ended up placing 3rd in F2 behind Jerry and Jace. Had a bit of battle with Jace but then he checked out. I entered HWTSS for some more laps. Lots of bikes on that grid and I had a good battle with some amateur guys on Ducatis which built up my confidence a bit more with the lack of practice. LWTSB was fun as hell. I was able to get up there with Jerry and managed to get by him a couple laps in. The dude is an animal on the brakes and in the turns. The only advantage I had was bit more HP. Led him up until the last lap and he got me on the inside of 3. I was hoping to make a move into the bus stop but he ran a tight line and must have just held it pinned wide open up the hill onto the front straight. I couldn't get close enough to use HP as an advantage. Fun Race Jerry. I really needed a good spirited motorcycle ride and you gave that to me. Cheers Brother... Nice meeting and riding with you.

j cal, 418 and RRP like this.
  11. Crybaby™

[​IMG]

418 likes this.
  12. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Lol! Good stuff

13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Thanks for the props and the good race, Nick! It was indeed a blast. We'll do it again in a couple of months.

:beer:

14. Crybaby™

So who's going this weekend?

Just to get this question out of the way.
    What tire vendors will be there?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're sending Emily if that helps any :D

16. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I just talked to Rob at Turn1. Bstone and Dunlop support will be there.