1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Karting

Discussion in 'General' started by josh7owens, May 25, 2017.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

We've had one here since Dec. 2007, in an old knitting mill warehouse, but I've never gone inside.

Maybe I'll check it out.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

There is supposedly the largest multi-level indoor Kart track in the world about 2 hours from me. NASKART is what it is called in CT.

"Special racing days will include the NASKART SUPERTRACK featuring ½ mile of racing exhilaration where race laps approach two minutes;"

3. I go to that NASCRAP theme park in Pigeon Forge a lot. No mercy is shown.

The wife couldn't believe how I was putting old people and little kids in the walls. :crackup:

drop, TurboBlew and crashman like this.
  4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Two words.
    SHIFTER KARTS/

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there was 1 track in pigeon forge that we took over including the double seat karts. The start area is under a pavillion the rest is in open air. I was laughing so hard my abs were sore. We were merciless and the 2 attendants were running their asses off to clear the carnage. I was a passenger in the double kart so taunting people was my main job.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Not being a dick but, that WAS funny.:D

rk97 and Gino230 like this.
  7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do you take Livengood to check over the karts?

8. Yep. He is building my Superbike spec kart now. :D

dsmitty37 and dtalbott like this.
  9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

yea, kinda looks like you're a dick... Being the fast guy is fun... but being the fast guy who stuffs everyone just trying to have fun at the go kart place makes you look like a dick.

10. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

These karts are weird to drive, I use to race a TAG kart and then you go into the electric you have to adjust your driving strategy. I never use the brake and instead let the kart roll. I just got frustrated being on track w a bunch of people who can't drive so I would go late at night to just turn some laps.

By the way nice work on making some cash!!

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

This is what you need...

http://www.wokart.com

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That R6 motor isn't doing anything right now...:D

13. The videos aren't worth going viral. While the first one is funny, it is nothing different or special in those videos that doesn't happen every day, at every go-kart track in the world.

Then I must be a dick. I think it is funny. I have done and will continue to do everything in those videos. If people don't want to get stuffed and/or punted, they should go faster or stay outside on the pinball machines.

That shit happens all the time, and I've never seen anyone get mad about it, anywhere, even at kart tracks in Brazil and Africa.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. Oh shit, you are on to something.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ask @kanatuna about his karting endurance race debut at our local indoor place. :crackup:

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I just wish they would allow a mini-bike race to happen during the off hours. I contacted the guys from MB2 and they had no interest in it. I'd love to do some local mini racing.

Gino230 and TurboBlew like this.
  17. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

This.

I've owned and driven some VERY fast cars and raced 1000cc bikes at the front of expert class races when I was racing. I was NOT prepared for how FAST and FUN a 250cc shifter cart is. The power to weight to traction ratio is just nuts. The thing would basically spin the tires anywhere you asked it to and plenty of places you didn't want it to. Having ZERO Kart experience, I was not prepared for the G-forces they produce either. The seat presses so hard on your ribs in the corners that it'll knock the breath out of you. When I commented to one of the guys about it, he told me he was nursing 3 broken ribs. I asked if he crashed, he said, "No, just the G-force did it in last weekends race." WTF!?

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I will be there tomorrow or Saturday. :crackup: Daughter has a basketball tournament up there this weekend.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

dsmitty37 and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Chicken hawk makes warmers for these karts.....