1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Injured

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, May 17, 2017.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

My heart breaks every time someone from our racing community dies. I hate it especially when it's someone quite young, or someone I've known or looked up to.

RIP Nicky, class act all the way. We got photos with and signatures from Nicky at Laguna in '05. Plus my brother has his knee puck from his first win out at Laguna. He will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

No words.

RIP Nicky....

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

4. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Damn... RIP

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Tears for Nicky Hayden 69
    A smile for his spirit which will live long in our memories.
    A good man, a good son, a great racer and a even better human being.
    Godspeed.

VFR#52, XFBO and zracer196 like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

RIP to my favorite racer, an ambassador of our great country and a hell of a man.

zracer196 and vizsladog like this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Rest in peace Champ.

cpettit likes this.
  8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Rest in peace champ.
    I think he took a little piece of all of us with him.

zracer196 likes this.
  9. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Shit....

10. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

RIP Nicky!!
    You are an inspiration to us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

This sucks, was praying that he would recover due to his age and incredibly good health. Rest In Peace Champ.

12. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

Damn...
    Was at the corkscrew at laguna when he took Earl on his victory lap. Class act all the way.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

!!@!@#!@#@$%(I#$%(#$%(#*$%#!!$*%#$%#($%#!%#$%*#

RIP Nicky. Prayers and condolences to the Hayden family. :(

zracer196 likes this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Fuck man. He was my first idol I guess you could say. Back when I was a kid and he was still in AMA. Never felt this tore up over someone I never met. He was OUR champion.

RIP Nicky. Condolences, thoughts, and prayers to his family and friends. This is just absolutely tragic.

zracer196 likes this.
  15. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Godspeed Nicky.

16. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Been watching this thread with Nicky on my mind and in my prayers daily. Just completely gutted. Didn't know him personally although I met him several times. He was one of those people you instantly feel connected with like you've known them for years and can just chat together. Have been a fan of his and watched him come up from his AMA days. Just damn. RIP Nicky

zracer196 likes this.
  17. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

:( condolences to the Hayden family.

18. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Terrible news...Was holding out for any hope. So sad. What an awesome dude. Super nice guy (from what I have seen over the years), funny, and fast! First saw him in maybe 1991 or 1992 Atlanta WERA finals (first race I ever saw in person)...On a 125 with Tommy. So small..."Flying Flea" I think it said on his leathers.

I started racing in 1996...And got my expert license in 1997. Was on the track with him when he had the Hyper Cycle GSXR 600...Think it was 1997 also...He was 16. Remember him passing me and leaving me in his wake. I knew he would go on to great things. I also raced the Daytona 200 in 2002 when he won. I was starstruck that weekend...In the rider meetings with him (and all of my "idols"), on the track with him, etc. I remember I had to re-qualify on day two as he shattered the pole record. What a great weekend...And even better memories watching him go through the ranks with awesome success!!

R.I.P. Nicky Hayden...

VFR#52, Chris and turbulence like this.
  19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just feel shredded reading this news.

RIP, Nicky. For once it is not a cliche to say that you are gone, but will NEVER be forgotten.

zracer196 likes this.
  20. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

My heart hurts for his Fiance, his family and friends. A loss of words.

RIP racer!

Odilup likes this.