1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Ultimate retired racers sportcruiser?

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 16, 2017.

1. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Ahhh, The 91 Manly pink edition....

FWIW the east Coast FJ rally is going on in Boone NC through this weekend

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep..... they are.... You could have had the real thing!!!

3. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Not retired but Diavel, love mine.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I know. I'm kicking my self for not buying one 1 1/2 years ago. Nice, clean, stock except for slip-ons. :(
    Brit said I could have his tho,:Do_O:D

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

The multi is like a diavel with cornering clearance and wind protection.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What? What are you waiting for?....

7. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

For Brit to agree with my day dreaming.

TLR67 likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you will be waiting a very long time for me to agree with yer delusional dreaming...LOL
    [​IMG]

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the C14 would have to be right at the top. In my mind, a touring machine should not be chain driven. These bikes are built to put in the miles, not needing constant maintenance.

10. henryw3

henryw3 Member

Same problem here on the Pirelli. After the next pair of track days a set of Michelin PP3s will go on. Apparently folks are getting 5-6k out of them. I fell in to a 2k mile Strada for a stupid cheap deal 2 years ago so wind and storage aren't much of an issue if I put that stuff back on.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd like to try out a Moto Guzzi Griso. Thats about as cruiser-ish as i can get with at this point. Otherwise I'll stick to vintage and naked bikes. Maybe an ADV type one day.

I'll always keep a naked bike like my Tuono in fleet though.

12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Remember seeing an article in one of the Brit weeklies when the SV came out re. how for only 2500 pounds or so you have it produce almost as much power as the TL. And back then 'sound as a pound' meant something.

13. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

I read these threads and wonder what I'm doing wrong . my street ride is a 76 Honda 750 ss. only got 17k on it, reasonably comfy with small windshield. not the best handling but not a complete lump.

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Last Sunday I rode the Vstrom (650) 800 miles from Chicago, IL to Westchester, NY.
    I do overnight camping on the strom as well. It handles OK, suspension does well up into the mid 80's, it has hard bags and is easy to mount a dry bag to. Stock seat is comfy enough for slabbing, stopping only when you need gas (every 200 mi).

If I had to do it over, it'd be a FZ1 / Fz10

I've owned a FJR1300, a GL1800 Wing, and rode a V65 Sabre (with that awesome Honda V4) across the US a couple of times. Loved the sabre's smoothness and power, hated the seat. The FJR was too buzzy for long rides, and the Wing ended up being too heavy for any real fun when loaded, although it was so comfy you could do back-to-back 900 mile days forever on it. The Strom is a nice compromise, but I'd rather have a FZ1.

5axis likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Can't think of many bikes that wouldn't be tolerable for 5xx miles A YEAR of use.

scottn, badmoon692008 and NemesisR6 like this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Do overs are allowed! FZ1's are a dime a dozen. I had a Wee also, probably still would if it wasn't too wheezy for 2-up.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine is a 77 GS750. :beer:

18. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I have had half the bikes listed or ridden them enough to say I only ride a Goldwing on the street now.....

19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

"only got 17k on it" <-This is what you're doing wrong

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you wanted a convertible not a motorcycle? :D