1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSX-R 1000 L7 first riding impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Feb 6, 2017.

1. I have to agree. Suzuki has apparently done a good job as far as performance. But it is so "meh". It is ugly, bland, boring, etc. Nothing cool or exciting about it at all. It is one of the only bikes that is still bland and boring in race trim.

The severely failed in the looks/style department.

2. That red stock one up there looks like a $3k Ninja 250.

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Yes but photos don't do it justice . People who've seen it up close say it is a very "deep" metallic red.

4. jtsgsxr6

jtsgsxr6 Active Member

Restriction removed video from EDR guys.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Now it just needs an exhaust and fuel remap.....maybe some race gas to see what else can be eek'd out of it.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So it doesn't fall on it's face at 11K rpm anymore, has a nice linear curve, and HP just shy of the stock ZX-10.

Not bad.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You seem to be predisposed to dislike it. That is a shit photo. I don't know if it looks nice or not from that.

It sure isn't as ugly as a panigale.

roy826ex and Steeltoe like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol Chaotic Tolkein has done nothing but troll this thread from the start.

upload_2017-5-5_16-58-10.jpeg

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bold new pigments! :crackup:

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It doesn't look that bad in person, but it definitely doesn't look that good either. Walking around the IMS show in NYC a while back, if I were purchasing a new liter bike on looks alone the new Gixxer would easily be at the bottom of the list.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Knotcher

People can tell me how bad the back of the tail unit looks.

Banditracer likes this.
  12. I'm not predisposed to shit, and haven't trolled shit. In case you motherfuckers don't remember, I was the one that started the first thread bragging about this new Gixxer.

That doesn't change the fact that the new bike is bland and boring looking.

Panigale, ugly? Right. :rolleyes:

13. My comments weren't based on the level of depth of the red, or the color of the bike at all. My opinion is based on the lines, shape of the bodywork, front area, tail section, etc.

I do disagree with Kaz a little though, I don't think the Gixxer is the ugliest new Liter bike, I think the new CBR is the ugliest. The previous CBR (and even the 08 model) looked a lot better than the new one.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  14. Knotcher

It is ugly. That shock looks shit and so does the exhaust tumor behind the engine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At the end of Race 1 from Atlanta they had a long shot of Toni's bike from the side while it was sitting in parc firme and from that angle, it looked exactly like the Suzuki GP bike, which is a good thing.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So it was blowing smoke from the gravel trap?

17. Nah, Alex Rins wasn't riding it. :D

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And the lopsided swinging arm lol. The wsbk version w the John Deere exhaust just makes it even worse. The 899 isn't quite as bad but the exhaust is still a jumbled mess.

19. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up....they all look good from behind the windscreen!.....well except that 09-14 R1, that sumbitch was just a wide mess from all angles

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

See I always used to say that.....in fact I echo your sentiment about the previous get R1....I literally couldn't be comfortable sitting on it because it looked like a big squared off box in front of me.

But I sat on the new Gixxer and it didn't feel like the old Gixxer cockpit I've always been used to either. Not nearly as bad as the old R1, but there was something about it that rubbed me the wrong way. For reference I felt much more comfortable sitting in the '15 and later R1 cockpit.

buzz-06 likes this.