1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jlo secures his appearance at next GP with free tickets

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Apr 27, 2017.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

[​IMG]

flyboy likes this.
  2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

So, what you are saying is the Jorge has won not 1 but 2 GP's this year...

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Poor George. This is what it looks like to watch a unicorn die. lol

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

"Jorge on twitter" has a better chance of winning the next GP from the stands than "Jorge on the Ducati" :D

Steeltoe and notbostrom like this.
  6. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

You all laugh, but this just follows the script George has set about following since he began racing. And that is to attempt to copy his true idol, Rossi, in every way imaginable.

Get a ride on the Yamaha so he can be teammates with his idol. Check
    Tailor his leathers so one leg is a different color. Check
    Leave fast ride on the Yamaha to go to Ducati. Check
    Fail miserably at Ducati. Check

So I'd say he's pretty successful......... at copying Rossi (except for the championships) :D

Funkm05, flyboy, busa99 and 3 others like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He's one-upping Rossi on the Ducati failure.

8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Don't forget the post race celebrations/shenanigans on the track

9. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

And we won't have to watch him do that stupid jump off the podium because he will never win again.

10. To be fair, I think once he leaves Ducati and gets back on a bike that works with his riding style he'll be right back in podium contention. I may not like the guy at all especially since he has the personality of a wet wool blanket but he's unbelievably talented.

5axis, flyboy and daveknievel like this.
  11. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

yep. he's like butter on toast. But that dude could bang out some robot laps on the Yamaha.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I don't get it... Why don't you sad sacks get on Iannone like this? I get that you feel threatened by Lorenzo and all.. If there's someone guilty of copying Rossi, it's Iannone. He admittedly does it.

No Resemblance (I'm only linking this photo - its too big, and copyright, but go ahead... take a look)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Bit of a stretch. Looking at the pics, I see both Italian riders wear AGV an Italian brand helmet and they are both wearing blue leathers. Shocking since both team colors are blue (different shades I might add). Iannone isn't wearing one leg a different color on the Suzuki that I can find. My guess is that the similar helmets could possibly be an AGV thing

But, if you want to go out on that limb OK. Iannone embraces Rossi as an idol since he grew up an Italian kid watching him which spurred him into racing. He also has a great personality and adds to the flavor of the paddock.

For George, it's just odd that he outwardly has such disdain for Rossi and yet copies him. He also has the personality of a Fin on downers.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....and to be fair on that last picture, Iannone did kind of earn the right to wear that helmet.

[​IMG]

Lazy Destroyer and crashman like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: He definitely earned the seagull helmet.

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Nothing fair about it...he was the only one on the track using a scope/cross hairs. :D

Lazy Destroyer, 5axis and MGM like this.
  17. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Drudi also paints both of their helmets, styles may blend a little.
    They're also buds, and buds can copy each other and it's cool :beer:

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

nitto182 and notbostrom like this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And Andre doesn't have a rape face

Knotcher likes this.