1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati up for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Apr 26, 2017.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

2. They are reviewing all their assets have bviousky, Ducati, Bentley, etc...

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Broome, buy ducati and hire me.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The Castiglionis will buy it for a dozen hockey sticks and a jack strap full of crap lol

It's all Lorenzo's fault. :D

Knotcher and stk0308 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

As long as Marlboro stays around I think the racing budget Should stay the same.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Looks like the new CEO wants to concentrate more on their core business's. Curious if Polaris Industries would be interested. Would seem like a fit that they would be able to pull off.

panthercity likes this.
  7. I got 2 dollars.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Spam!

Phl218 likes this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Rossi buys them are fires jlo

Knotcher and Potts N Pans like this.
  10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Someone just please buy them and stop Vtwins from ever being produced again. Everything else doesn't matter.

Knotcher, brex and throwdown like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that because you've lusted for a Honda V4 for so long, you don't want any Ducatista to get the V Twin, while waiting for the V-4 that will surely come out before Honda comes out with a V4.

I mean Nicky is still waiting for a competitive superbike..... yet those Ducati V-twins keep getting on the box.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just give them a few more races, they just got the bike, they need a little time... :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sounds like somebody who's had theirs Dick dragged down the track by too many twins!

stk0308, scottn, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I kinda liked the VW/Audi/ducati partnership..

stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  16. I know. It is unfair for a company to make a bike that can put over 200hp and over 100ft/lbs to the rear wheel without opening the cases, while being more narrow and lighter than the I4's, while still having the same 15,000mi valve service interval.

Shits just not right and has to stop.

Rogue4, scottn, bleacht and 5 others like this.
  17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And symmetrical headlights

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Can of worms.

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And all that with only a 20-30% displacement advantage!

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

the latest from
    mamager-magazin.de

Volkswagen prüft Verkauf von Ducati - manager magazin

google tanslate:

The works council of the car maker Volkswagen has warned in the context of a possible sale of the motorcycle manufacturer Ducati "an irresponsible uncertainty of workforce". A spokesman for the works council said manager-magazin.de, the sale was by no means decided. "A sales decision for any company of the Group would have to pass the Supervisory Board." This has not happened so far.

The harsh response of the VW works council is a reaction to sales plans for the Ducati car manufacturer in Wolfsburg and at least one other subsidiary reported by manager magazin in its latest issue (April 28). The sale of Ducatis is currently being prepared, at the latest in June, the documents should be ready for potential buyers, report stakeholders. The Volkswagen subsidiary Audi had bought Ducati 2012 for around 750 million euro.

According to information from Group companies, Volkswagen has already arranged initial inquiries for its motorcycle subsidiary Ducati. A far eastern prospective buyer, for example, offered a good one billion euros for the Italian cult brand, it says. The bidders, however, have not yet had an insight into the Ducati books. Last year, the Italian motorcycle brand moved 731 million euros.

The spokesman of the works council said manager-magazin.de, the colleagues at Ducati would not have to worry. In the event of a planned sale, he expects an exciting discussion on the Supervisory Board. As this is not the case, it is really pure speculation. " And this led to an irresponsible uncertainty among the employees.

If the Supervisory Board ever touches on such issues, the works council will always inform the affected brands on its own initiative. Volkswagen stock market chart and the Ducati mother Audi stock market chart had not commented the reports of manager magazin and even the news agency Reuters.

The purchase of Ducatis was once caused by VW's former board of directors and major shareholder Ferdinand Piëch. Piëch has almost completely withdrawn from the company.

A sale of Ducati could follow the separation of other parts of the company, it says in the group. Volkswagen's financial director, Frank Witter, is talking about a "portfolio consolidation". According to manager magazines, the sales list also includes Renk, a subsidiary of the truck manufacturer MAN, which specializes in drive technology.