1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Solution to noisy generator - 10 seconds
    Video to explain how to do it - 10 minutes and 20 seconds too long

gixxernaut, GixxerBlade and Rising like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those two things are far from mutually exclusive. People can easily be/do both and most of us are in between those extremes on the issue...

3. :crackup:

As shitty as I am at launches, Id still like my chances of being ahead of him by the entrance of T4.

Your riding can reach some serious levels of assholishness in T1-T3 making up for a bad launch, as long as your tires are hot.

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhahhh. Want a vidio of me being on grid at Tally while be last on grid and being 4th by turn 4?
    I have even done that at Nola.
    But if you care to put some money on you not running warmers and us take off together. I'd be happy to take that bet.
    I do need travel money.

Steven Isenhower #52

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Are you going to do it in Broomes class CSB or ASB? If so, I may throw down some money on that. As far as I know, Broom doesn't have any track records, so are you game?

Or are we talking that non competitive stuff, that 53 year old men with 10 year old tires that have 2 years of racing on them, yet still win, with out warmers, while setting track records?:crackup:

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Noisey generators suck. Not having tire warmers sucks more. Beyond that, unless its an emergency, there is no reason to run generators. If your gonna run em at night they better be quiet, just so you aren't an asshole. Doesn't matter that they don't really bother me, you'll still be an asshole for firing it up at 2am.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My buddy and I got into an all night generator war with some dudes in the infield RV parking for a Nascar race at Autoclub Speedway about 15 years ago. My buddy was pulling the spark plug wire on their genset repeatedly. There was violent death threats and alcohol involved. It was dark, so we didn't know who we were dealing with. Come morning, the weasels wouldn't come out of their RV. Turned out to be a couple of old fat guys.

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhhh. So all you guys who be live tires are a must kill me.
    I've had this same stupid discussion before.
    I don't use them and never have.
    Yet. I run same lap time on 1st lap as guys in my class and always have.
    I'm not lost if I loose power cause it won't affect me.
    Yet I've posted video to prove it don't hurt me in my class.
    I've even finished 3rd overall at Nola a few times from last position on grid out of 3 classes.
    Now I may not be fast as these newer bikes but we get along ok on a 97 F3 turd in vintage.
    So save all the crap you obviously know nothing about.
    But your tire warmers and crap that you need to use them.
    I don't want them or need them for me.
    I started in 1990 before they where even invented.
    And all I ever cared about was raving guys in Vintage since I've came back to Wera in 2013.
    But I also ran Cmra in 2011 and did ok there.
    But this thread is not about me.
    But if they ever bain generators I'd definitely have a leg up on all you guys.
    Lol.
    But my laps does post lap times and so does Cmra.
    Be my guest to have a look.
    I also have vidio on you tube under my name.
    But last 2 yrs I did run Pirelli tires and the rear just didn't like my bike.
    So lap times are off compared to other brands.
    But that has nothing to do with warmers.
    Have a great day.
    And if you have a suggestion in how to quiet down generators by all means let us all know.
    Old guy signing off.

Steven Isenhower #52

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My head hurts

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i "be live" tires are a must.. real hard to roll around on the rims.
    (that's as far as i got with this post ....)
    ;)

MachineR1, jeffr1ey, VFR#52 and 4 others like this.
  11. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

BATTLE ROYALE!!!

Pixelator likes this.
  12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

o_O You dont believe in having tires?? AND you've argued this before??? What kind of wheels do you use?

[​IMG]

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That was seriously painful to read.

No Brakes and TurboBlew like this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Whatever you drank or smoked just before you typed this please send me some

TurboBlew, TLR67 and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Nope, I have no desire to see a video of you. If you will read my post again, I said "when your tires are hot".

I have absolutely no need or desire to intentionally head out for a modern 600/1000cc race with cold tires.

I have no bike (or desire) to race in the Vintage classes. But I believe the V7 class grids up with the HWT-Twins classes, and I have never seen you in front of me. IIRC, last year I won every HWT race I entered except 2 (finished 2nd in those) and I believe you were on those grids also. So yeah, if you want to try to earn some more traveling money, I can accommodate your wager. :)

Boman Forklift and TLR67 like this.
  16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

70db is still quite a bit louder than an inverter, but i could not agree more about bringing an enclosure of some kind.

With a little tweaking, and starting with a smaller generator than his 5000watt model, I think 60-65 db is realistic.

When my house loses power, I run my generator in my shed with a box fan pushing air across the engine, and the shed doors propped open a few inches. Same principle.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

[​IMG]

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, what time did you start drinking to post this at 6:30pm?

Thought, period, enter button, repeat. Vidio.

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have a 6 and 2 year old so it made perfect sense to me.

Focker likes this.
  20. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to help out. Harbor Freight has got their Predator brand "ultra quiet" 4k generators on sale for $284. Says in the add that it's quieter than a Honda. Should work out fine. The wheel kit is extra though.

G8rDuc, t11ravis and VFR#52 like this.