1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin, Texas USA | MotoGP | 2017 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Post #356 above

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sorry, the pic was blocked by the firewall over here.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There wasn't a pic, he just mentioned them :D

4. The hats were more of an embarrassment than the trophies but the first place trophy was terrible for a GP race.

Odilup likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I liked the hats. :D

Still lost on what a set of MX bars has to do with a GP win. I get the attempt at making them look like horns but real horns would have been much cooler.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ must have been vegan horns :P i thought the hats were actually really funny. looked like the riders enjoyed them (except Pedrosa)

@hurricanejohn i found your eyeballs in the Paddock, they must have fallen out one time you took your sunglasses off :D

7. They had to hand Rossi his during the press conference, he took his off right when he got off the podium. He looked less than thrilled. Pedrosa looked like he was wearing his dads hat...

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You those ugly as shit things that I saw during the press conference were the trophies?

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

A stunning advance from his 12th place in morning warm up....... :crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I was very appreciative that both Iannone and then Petrucci listened to me when I asked them to pass #99

Phl218 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Someone needs to post up a 3 column chart showing CS, VR and JL's race finishes in their first year on the Duc.

crashman likes this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yes ! And it seems they've been serving them the same aweful shit since 2015 :crackup:"Hey, we figured you guys would be sick of the finest European designers crafting beautiful trophies made out of the finest crystals and noble metals... so here's a sprocket glued to a block of Red Bull branded simili-wood !" :crackup:

[​IMG]

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rewatching the race now- Jlo on the brakes goes past Maverick and up to 4th position on lap 1.
    Bad case of the Sykes fade afterwards though. :confused:

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Just so I am clear on this. When Vale was slow on the Duc it was all Ducatis fault but when Jorge is slow on the Duc it is all Jorges fault. You guys are too much...

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Thats like comparing a horse to a cow... They are both edible, but the horse has a personality and respected... True comment though.

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

to be fair... Rossi had 163 points in 2012... at current pace, Lorenzo is on tap for about 72. you can debate the dozen or so different factors that are at play all day... tires, rider competition, ages, design changes, competitor development, etc... but just sayin', he's got a lot of work to do. Rossi also wasn't getting beat by his teammate or any other Ducati... let alone what was supposed to be the 2nd tier Ducati on the grid.

turbulence and BigBird like this.
  17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Rossi finished 7-5-5 in his first three races on the Ducati (and podiumed the next). Jorge was 11-DNF-9 in his first three. Other than a few DNF's Rossi only finished lower than Jorge's debut 11th place one time in two years. I'm sure Lorenzo will get his shit together at some point, but so far I wouldn't compare the two.

18. Yeah - speaking of Rossi's Ducati teammate...Lorenzo is currently 13th in the championship in his first year riding the Ducati. World Champion and MotoGP Legend Nicky Hayden finished his first year on the Ducati in 13th place.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

There must be a ton of MotoGP legends.

Sweatypants and Phl218 like this.
  20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1, the hats were awesome.

Phl218 likes this.