1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What fuel can/jugs are people using?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Apr 20, 2017.

1. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I bought a VP racing style fuel jug years ago from a local race shop and would love to get 1-2 more for keeping fuel for all the random gas powered items I have. Curious as to what everyone is using. I have an old crappy Briggs and Stratton jug as well but it's spout broke nearly instantly when I first bought it so it gets poured into my nice can for pouring.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

VP. Got WERA blue ones from Chuck Ivey long long ago. Along with a couple of AccuMix jugs for smokers and the normal assortment of red plastic ones collected over the years but the VP jugs are the default ones unless I need more than 10 gallons on hand.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The "safety" cans you get at the big HW stores / Wallmart / etc. suck.

Get another VP. Get red if you will ever need to purchase fuel for it in NJ.

dsmitty37 and TurboBlew like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the white jug at CycleGear is working well for me, at least after i put a longer hose on it and made a long PVC fitting that fits inside the R6 filler neck. the jug was borderline useless b4 i did that.

BarryG likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Tuff jug with their ripper nozzle

backcountryme likes this.
  6. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I have 2 big ones made by Hunsaker and 2 small ones from Risk Racing.

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

All I can add is go with the square ones rather than round. They take up less space for the same volume and when empty can be stacked horizontally if needed.

8. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

I got one from Jegs. The new ones are nice and square with a big handle on the side to help with the pouring. I also have an old VP one, which still works fine, but it is yellow, so they won't put gas in it at the gas station. (Jersey).

9. I just bought 2 of the Jegs one, one for the house and 1 for the dirt bike. Worth every penny.

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

What?

SWAT_Spyder76 likes this.
  11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Can't pump your own gas in NJ and stations like Wawa will only put it in red containers, so they fill the red and you have to dump it into your other colored cans and go back to refill the red one. Stupid.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't even think about that - square for sure.

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I knew about the restriction on pumping your own gas.. didn't know that you had to have a specific color container.. what if it's a red one that's sun faded to pink?

Fucking weird.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This!

Once you use a jug with a Ripper nozzle (they fit on VP jugs too BTW) you'll never want to use a hose or funnel again. They dump the fuel out faster and self-stop once the fuel is at the neck.

[​IMG]

backcountryme and rafa like this.
  15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I had to get the adapter for my zx10, with the adapter it wont self stop, but still faster and a lot less messy than regular hose.

16. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Ripper nozzle works great on my dirt bike but a total POS on the street bike. Too large of a diameter and gets stuck so it pours gas everywhere.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hmmm

It works fine with my Lightech 1/4 turn cap on the race bike and just barely fits into the OEM opening on my GSXR-1000

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

[​IMG] These LC2 jugs are awesome and easy to pour. The older LC's are great because they have a huge cap and make fuel transfer easy. The old style also holds over 6 gallons. We use those to carry a lot of fuel. We use the LC2 so it is easy to pour.

B. Myers likes this.
  19. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

where do you find the lc2 jugs or the ripper nozzle?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You can order them right off their site

http://www.tuffjug.com/products/ripper-caps.html

There's also a dozen other places around the internets that sell them. I want to say I originally got mine from Jegs?