1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you still admit to supporting the Clown, Trump?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Mar 19, 2017.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And all y'all do is bitch about Trump and the GOP....what's your point?

As for America's problems.....amuse us, explain how ACA is a problem created from "BOTH sides of the aisle"?

G 97 likes this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

"All his wealth"??? LOL! Let's get that amount out in the open, in 2008 he was worth somewhere between 1-5M, mostly from his book deal. There was NO company or business nor any other parties and you wanna compare that clown to the big orange one? Man, any cred you might have had in here on being a critical thinker just got tossed out the window....LOL!

Right, let's discourage successful business people in America that you can't run for the highest office in this country without all the BS selective arguments liberals are making.

Reminds me of the BS Halliburton nonsense with Cheney during the Bush years and yet NOT A PEEP from the usual suspects when Barry boy utilized their services on various contracts in the last 8 yrs. NOT_A_PEEP...I said.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

There was nothing selective in my argument. All presidents dating back to Carter have divested their own personal wealth interests to avoid any appearance of economic conflict. I never said anything about the equivalency of wealth across presidents (even though many claimed I did), just that the current one is breaking tradition, likely in violation of the constitution, and is in a demonstrable CoI situation.

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, they're both stupid. :) I love it that the response is Obama. I didn't care for a lot of what Obama did, but it seems like a lot of those here don't really care what trump does or says as long as it isn't Obama. He isn't going to get the ACA repealed and jobs are still going away, his approval rating is already below 40%.

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Dammit, the beetle trolled everyone into 11 pages and I hadn't checked the Dungeon in a few days and he's already banned again. :clap:

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I, for one, am tired of a good number of the "traditions" in the cesspool on the Potomac. Break 'em all for all I care, rebuild from the ashes of the temples the money changers are being driven from.

Likely violation of the constitution? Cite.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That approval rating is due to lib media bullshit and the sheep that believe it all.

XFBO and R Acree like this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No, neither one of them is stupid. I really don't care what Trump says, or what Obama says, or Bush or Clinton or whomever. Every single president in the history of presidents have said stupid shit. The only thing I give a shit about is results. The last 8 years have resulted in a serious hit in my pocket book. YMMV.

Approval ratings mean jack shit to me. I believe CNN still has Clinton up by 12.

sharkattack likes this.
  9. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

The guy has built his success, presumably in part, on this model. It's annoying as can be to most of us - but I, for one, cannot judge whether it's a secret sauce to his own success. I suspect it's all part of his Kansas City shuffle. But I am nowhere near intelligent enough to opine on the methods to his madness, only the (public) results. And the guy won the election to be the leader of the free world using his own playbook. Do you really think he would switch playbooks once he actually got into office?

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

if? IF?!

Cmon dude, if? I normally don't do political shit. I read the stuff here, but I just don't get involved. There have been several occasions on here where you've said some stuff I agree with even when you're getting bashed. But to say 'IF the dems are doing it'...c'mon man, you're smarter than that.

crashman likes this.
  11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:stupid:
    I care about results. So far Trump is getting great results. The only thing that I see as a mistake so far is the health care mess. That is not going to end well.

Trump is a New Yorker. They say stupid crap and are obnoxious as hell...it's what they do/who they are. I'm not a fan of that attitude and loudmouth approach but we hired the man to drain the swamp and help save this country. Watching the establishment crips and bloods, the media, and the lunatic fringe left meltdown daily is more than just entertaining. It's a sign that we have the right person for the job. When those people are upset, we are doing something right. Hell, Trump is the first Republican candidate for president that I've cast a vote for. Before him it was always 3rd party or not voting.

My takeaway from polls is that they are meaningless now because they have been hijacked to push an agenda. (easy to do by selective sampling) This election proved that. Trump was overfilling stadiums to 2x capacity and Hillary! couldn't fill a 300 seat church but the polls sure as hell didn't reflect that. I've watched many lifelong Dem voters go through a transformation. People I know well have found themselves squarely supporting trump and leaving their party because they now (finally) realize the Dems don't represent the working class anymore. They are doing it quietly for fear of backlash but they are doing it. The pols are not reflecting on them.

So we have the most gay friendly POTUS ever (remember both Clintons and Obama were against gay marriage until re election flip flop time), and the most socially liberal Republican POTUS ever who doesn't lean on religion (Trump is basically a Democrat)...it's the very got dam thing that most Americans want.

XFBO likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And all we're saying is that NO OTHER POTUS, before this one, had this level of [successful] business background.............are you being this obtuse on purpose?

Seriously, you're actually MORE concerned on the conflict Donald may have over the outright crookedness in politicians like Hillary who BECAME insanely wealthy SOLELY from being a politician???
    You're not doing your political ideology any good.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'd argue their (media/pollsters) agenda was exposed during the Bush Jr. years, they just weren't called out on it til now and believe that at least half this nation saw through their biases and voted accordingly. The best part? Since the election, they seemed to have doubled down on their STUPID....which IMHO, will only strengthen the GOP and bring us more former Liberal supporters.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's tradition. :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

How true. I love it how the MSM keeps throwing poll after poll at us, telling us how awful Trump is doing. And that we should believe their polls. But...aren't they the same MSM that had everyone and their brother convinced that Clinton was going to mop the floor with Trump? I mean, after all, their polls had her up by double digits. According to them, he should have conceded the race after the last debate.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only selective quoting and selective responding. So in effect, it is nothing but a selective argument on your part.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I picked the material parts :Poke:
    I understand you folks' position that he is different in that he comes to office with massive holdings. I even said as much. That, for me, doesn't obviate the need to make something more than a veiled attempt to shield the impacts of his work as president on his companies; so no, I'm not being obtuse. It's really not that hard to understand, and apparently isn't a concern of yours. That's OK. It's not like he has any history of dirty dealings, so I'm sure my concerns are unwarranted. We'll see where it shakes out.

18. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Or how about how Obamas net worth prior to 2008 - meaning before he entered office, was nowhere near even $1M

Gee, I dropped my newspaper in a recycling bin today so it must be really easy for an entire state to coordinate recycling for all paper, plastics and metal.

The idea that Obama stepped away from the (comparably) measly assets he had prior to entering office (as opposed to the wealth he gained while IN office) is any any rational way similar to Trump is one of the most stupid, hypocritical, idiotic and bullshit statements ever written on this board.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Clinton Cash.
    I'm still not seeing anyone on the left questioning how the Clintons became filthy rich.
    Last I knew, they had no businesses and I don't see where they have any incredibly valuable knowledge to trade on.
    Where's the outrage?

Banditracer, XFBO and cav115 like this.
  20. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

No, you keep avoiding, dsapsis.

I'll ask it again - you can't answer it. You can bitch all day and night, but I have yet to see a single real solution for your concern. The only REAL answer is to prevent people with very large - global - holdings from ever entering office.

So, do you want to amend the Constitution?

Do you want only career politicians who get their wealth while IN office, rather than BEFORE?

Do you find it preferable that politician have very very large holdings that are not even transparent? Brokerage firms? Hedge funds? You know, like our "esteemed" folks such as Pelosi, Waters, etc?

Would you rather just "pretend" a complete Blind Trust - which in this case doesn't change a damn thing for reasons that have been explicitly discussed already, was in place just so you could say "I told you so"? If that happened, would you and the rest of the people crying about this shut up about it even if it happened that the corporations in the Blind Trust happened to make money? Don't think so.

You are in fact being obtuse. Again - I don't like Trump. Didn't want him as President. I am very vocal and critical about some of the crap he's done, and doing. But this ain't one of them, because it's simply being an unrealistic hypocrite when people focus on this. Everybody who voted for him knew about his wealth, and frankly the whole thing with Eisner, Cummings, etc started BEFORE THE ELECTION. So, do you just then believe that people shouldn't have had the right to even vote for him?

So, other than bitching about it, what EXACTLY would you do about it? I'll ask you the same thing I'm asking my friends who have been rabid about Trump. About the idiot "protesters". What EXACTLY do you want done? Usually the answer I get is a blank stare, more bitching, and not a single coherent sentence.