1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want To Buy: Pit-Bull Front / Headlift Stand Pin - Size #8t

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Stettnichs, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone:

I am currently in the market to buy a Pi-Bull headlift stand pin. The specific pin I'm looking for is #8t. There are three different "8" sizes. It's my understanding the #8t is longer than the other two.

Anyone that may be willing to part with their #8t pin, please message me, comment below, or call/text (605) 809-85four4. I know what they're worth and am willing to pay. Thank you.

Tags: pit bull pitbull head stands lift fork Forks pins 8 8s 8t number triple tree

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

3. Stettnichs

Thank you for the link! I know the list price is only $13, but it's the shipping that kills me. And I'm only in the Midwest! It's close to $30 all said and done.

I'm hoping a racer has one they're not using and can throw it in an envelope that only costs $5 in postage.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Have you thought about asking Rau or some other machinist to make you one? I think I've made 2 of them in the past, one for my zx6r and one for my cbr500. I can provide you with all the dimensions if you want since I have a #8t (got lucky that the guy I bought the TRS pins from had one so I got them all at once).

Edit: I'd make you one but I don't have access to the lathe I used in the past, otherwise I probably would've made myself one too.

5. Stettnichs

Lucky you! Yes, that would be perfect! I will expect a full part print. Lol....can't be worse than what the engineers provide. Ha j/k. :)

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Haha...don't tempt it cuz I can actually do that! I even have SolidWorks on my home computer. It's a big part of what I do for a living ;)

Of course I wouldn't want to post that here. People might get bent up about someone "stealing" (aka replicating) someone else's work ;)

7. Stettnichs

Haha got ya, that makes sense. I would love it, if you would be willing to offer some basic measurements. I can always see if the Rau's might be willing to help out. I'm sure a scrap piece of aluminum or a steel bar end would make it pretty easy for them to carve out.

In the meantime, if someone has an available Pit-Bull pin, I'm still interested! #8t is the size! Thanks!

8. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

I have an extra. Like new. I'll contact/ send pics by text.

9. Stettnichs

Perfect. Sounds great!

10. Stettnichs

Pin purchased! Thanks SBK for offering to take the measurements. No need now!

sbk1198 likes this.