TIGCRAFT Supersingle

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wolfie109, Mar 2, 2017.

1. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

I purchased this Tigcraft several years ago and have not really done much other than ride it on a few track days. Now I am looking to see if anyone is interested in it. It a twin spar aluminum chassis that was originally built around a Suzuki DR750 engine. It now has a running Suzuki DR650 motor in it. I still have the original DR750 motor that it was built with and spares for that motor. It has Astralite wheels on it and comes with a set of Marchesinins and another gas tank. I am asking $3000.00 located in New Jersey.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Conversation started . . . . Please see your PM's.

Cheers,

Dave

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I love astralite wheels!!

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Blimey, that's a bargain.

5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Dave... You don't need anymore Big Thumpers... What class would it run in ?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One with an F5650 engine used to dominate Clubman. Could even beat Frank Stromans EX500 grenades.

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

There is no one better suited to fettle large single cylinder motorcycles than me. :crackup: I find twins a wee bit complex, and multi's are simply out of the question. There is a purity and simplicity inherent in single cylinder motorcycles that I find appealing.

I'm not sure what a "F5650 engine" is, but it sounds rather large. :Poke: I know there was a Tigcraft single out of North Carolina that used a BMW F650 water-cooled engine that was bad-ass. I saw it and spoke with its owner at Roebling Road once. Nice piece of kit.

Cheers,

Dave

8. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

PM set

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Typo - it was the F650 :D

10. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Dave is prone to grandiose puffery and fantastical exaggerations on occasion (probably a result of his profession). However, I do have to give him kudos for his long standing record of keeping big singles on the track. As a matter of record, he was simply brilliant on his Harris single on Sunday at Roebling Road as he drafted past the AHRMA National Singles Champion for the win. I would think that the Tigcraft would be in good hands if Dave gets his skilled hands of it. Personally, I might have to bid on that bike just to keep it away from him. I know he will be gunning after me with it and try to give my little 450 a thumping.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Stu was surprisingly kind to me in the foregoing post. Must be the medications . . . .

I need more motor. 2 factors combine for this, which in combination, are deadly:
    1. The SRX600 engine, a 600 cc air cooled single, was fine in the mid-80's, but it lacks a lot against the modern, built 450 cc watercooled singles; and
    2. I am the human air dam, lending a new definition to drag and a lack of aerodynamics.

Stu spanked me soundly Saturday on his Framecrafters KTM 450. No two ways about it. I might have had something for him had I been on a twin . . . .

Anyone in the NYC area willing to help me bring this bike south? Ravedoper? Mr. Green? Timmy? Buehler?

Cheers,

Dave

12. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

Sale pending

13. crojack

crojack Well-Known Member

I have a BMW Funduro with that engine (Rotax) and there is nothing bad-ass about it. It's not even that fun or an enduro.

So, now I'm curious, what was done to the motor. Anyone know? Maybe some Ron Wood work?

14. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Things are getting ridiculous around here and especially at my house. I pride myself on doing ALL my preseason maintenance on the first practice day of the first event. Then all subsequent work for the rest of the season is done on Saturdays before the first race of the day. (Case in point, last year at the first race event in June, I repaired the previous season's October's crash damage on Saturday morning. Anyone who happened by was given a line of bull insinuating that the damage happened on Friday's practice.) Yet here I am adjusting my valves on my modern Super Single KTM 450 with a whole month to go before the next race. I'm here to tell you that when this Rutherford fellow gets the bit between his teeth that there's no telling how fast he can go. And this is especially true concerning this mythical Tigcraft Big Bore he just purchased. I mean What The Fuck, Rutherford? I've spent the last 2 years creating a mean lean fightin' machine. My 450 puts 60 ponies down at the rear wheel and only weighs 225 pound. Now I'm on a 1200 calorie a day diet in an attempt to shed another 12 pounds this spring (yes, 12 over the winter). And I'm thinking of buying a set of kangaroo leathers to reduce weight. FINALLY, I will admit to one truly over the top purchase made exclusively to stop the onslaught of The Rutherford: I ordered a set of BST Carbon Fiber Wheels from South Africa for the four fiddy. Granted, completely over the top but Stick Boy assured me that he can change tires without so much as a nick. And if none of this works, I may just have to try riding harder just to catch up with that slick talkin' counselor from Georgia.

ungwaha likes this.
  15. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

16. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Blaspheme, I say! A man of your good standing talking about riding one of those things with valves and cams. Ugh!

17. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

I thought you did your own carbon fiber work......

18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I should let Garrett do it. Be more fun watching him beat up old men. :)

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I think I have finally achieved some level of distinction . . . . being referred to as The Rutherford. And, I am proud to, ostensibly, be responsible for promoting an over-the-top motorcycle expenditure by a racer, i.e., BST Carbon Fiber wheels. Hell, I'm simply happy to be allowed in the same proximity of such bling. I can't wait for Stu to ask me to wield a set of tire irons on the bits.

As for the Tigcraft . . . it will be a project just like the other dozen or so awaiting the demise and cessation of Rutherford Construction Litigation Arbitration & Mediation, LLC. I'm interested in what an XR650R lump looks like jacked into place in the open Tigcraft frame . . . . A Stage 3 XR650R just might be the ticket . . . .

As for Stu on a 1200 calorie per day diet . . . . Yeah, if your day starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 8:30 AM. I'm fully committed to being the Human Air Dam - at 6'-2" there is little hope of anything else. So, whatever I build, it will be a torque driven build. Sorta like building a single to haul a sidecar rig. They used to do that in the 50's ya know . . . . And besides, that what BSA's are best used for . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

20. bigbob65

bigbob65 Professional Novice

Still have it?